Simon & Garfunkel "The Complete Columbia Albums Collection" coming from Music On Vinyl (07/27/2015)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

My set is 00593 - my greatest hits has a minor warp but not enough to warrant a return - the rest of my set is flawless - very, very pleased with it.

jonstatt likes this.
  2. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Great to get that extended review. My best friend of the 1st 40 yrs. of my life was HUGE into S&G when we were in high school. I can remember us playing these albums over and over and over. I haven't heard these albums in a very long time. This box set got me to seek out original (or close to ) pressings which I found surprisingly easy to come by. I intend to spend Labor Day Weekend listening to these LP's and try and remember what it was all about. These album-by-album reviews will be a great source of information as I do so. Many thanks for posting it and for so much information here in this thread.:shtiphat:

3. jonstatt

jonstatt Forum Resident

So something happened between yours and my two pressings on that stamper perhaps...or just your stylus is not as susceptible as mine (Dynavector XX2 Mk2)

4. teag

teag Forum Resident

Mikey has updated his review based on an e mail today from Bob Irwin!

5. Ronald Sarbo

Ronald Sarbo Forum Resident

Paul Simon wasn't too fond of Sinatra's rendition of "Mrs. Robinson".

mpw362d likes this.
  6. Machiventa

Machiventa Forum Resident

Didn't read through the thread but is this available on Discogs, Amazon, etc?

7. Very interesting.

I still stand by my review too that the box sounds about as good as originals. Varies slightly on some tracks on either original or the new series.

JP Christian, e.s. and kman like this.
  8. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

I can't locate the number of the set (Music on Vinyl release).

9. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

On the back of the box, lower left side just over Music on Vinyl, silver stamped. Mine is #000285.

10. Eduardo Denaro

Eduardo Denaro Forum Resident

What I'd like to get my hands on after this is a mono set of the whole works. You can throw the mono single tracks from BOTW and put them on a 7" 33 1/3 to seal the deal. Though I know 99% of you are hoping for the same thing.

11. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

I've just upgraded to a new Mk3 Cartridge Man Music Maker and it will usually show up that kind of thing - sorry that you got a couple of duds.

jonstatt likes this.
  12. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

Looks like were both good. :)

13. kman

kman Forum Resident

Limited to 1000 sets ??? really ??
    mine is number 03379

14. Further

Further Forum Resident

The MOV set is limited to 1000.

The Sony/Legacy set is not limited.

frogfog and e.s. like this.
  15. kman

kman Forum Resident

I see
    Thanks for explaining this

16. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

No. Neither was I!

17. richardo

richardo New Member

A lot has been said about how well these vinyls sound, but I don't know if it was mentioned before if the Music on Vinyl edtion has barecodes on each album. Are the album covers exact replicates of the original artwork? Thanks

18. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

You mean "these records?":p;)

19. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

No and no. No barcodes but a small 'Music on Vinyl' logo on the bottom right side of the back covers.

20. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

I can conform mine doesn't have a number.

21. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

Is the Central Park set the same quality?

22. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

How is Sony Legacy with replacing defective product? I bought the box and my copy of Bridge Over Troubled Waters has several gashes on the 2nd track of side 1. I would like them to replace the album, rather than return the box to the store that I bought it from. Why should he eat the cost when it's a QC issue.

RTI is becoming the new United. I don't understand why they continue to use those dreadful inner sleeves too.

23. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

Has the Central Park, 2015 2LP ed. the same quality as the Studio recordings box?
    Anyone?

24. Benjy

Benjy Forum Resident

I'm surprised people here believed there could have been a pressing of only 1,000 copies. That would be insane businesswise for something like Simon & Garfunkel. The announcement of 1000 copies is just intentional "mistake" - a thing that seems to happen all too often these day. Oops, one zero missing here... Oops, one zero missing for both euro and the us versions... so it's not 2,000, but 20,000 copies - big deal?

1000 copies of any major band will sell out very fast. Type o negative and Deftones did box sets for 1000 copies. They were both sold out before the release date. And these are both 90's CD era bands.

25. Norwichred

Norwichred Member

I love this set, but to me the way the albums go in horizontally is not a great design decision. It's not easy to get the records in without either the disc falling out, or the download card falling out or both.

But this is my first vinyl box set so maybe they are all this way......

Other than that I love it and for £73 delivered it was a billy bargain!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.