Everything But The Girl: 2-cd deluxe editions of Walking Wounded and Temperamental

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Music Geek, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

In my experience, and I order a lot from amazon.co.uk, the VAT and S/H more or less cancel each other out, although I think the S/H is a bit less than the VAT would be otherwise. So, if I'm look at a 9.99 pounds CD, the cost to ship to me in the US would be in the 9-9.50 pound range.

2. namretsam

namretsam Senior Member

Very excited to get "Walking Wounded" as its likely to remain their last great moment. But "Temperamental" is as turgid as "Walking Wounded' is awesome.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  3. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Neither one of these albums is among my favorites by EBTG, though I think Walking Wounded has at least a few tracks that stand out. Of course I had to order both, completist that I am. Hoping to like at least some of the bonus tracks since I know the original cds will sound better than these remasters.

jsayers likes this.
  4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I think the s/h becomes more affordable the more titles that are ordered at the same time. I couldn't find anything else I wanted, so I ordered these two titles together with nothing else in the order. S/H total was just over 4 pounds, so it doesn't quite match the VAT that was removed. US dollar cost is slightly over $15 after shipping for each title.

5. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Which, for a 2 cd set from the UK is a great deal, imho.

6. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I agree. The price on these sets has been reasonable.

red corner likes this.
  7. jsayers

I think there's at least a few great songs on Temperamental, personally. I love Five Fathoms and the title track, have to listen to the album again to see if there's more....

red corner likes this.
  8. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Here's one (I love this album):

jsayers likes this.
  9. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Another one:

jsb! and jsayers like this.
  10. jsayers

Amazon UK emailed me today that my copies have shipped. :agree:

11. Rgfinch

Rgfinch King Rocky

there's nothing like being open minded is there...

12. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Oh forgot to say that these two reissues are slightly larger than the previous releases.

13. jsayers

:wtf:

14. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Yep,I know.Only a tiny bit but it is noticeable.

15. Rgfinch

Rgfinch King Rocky

Got them both and had a quick listen, both a shade quieter than the originals, but otherwise can hear very little difference.

16. AlecA

AlecA Forum Resident

Just got these from Amazon us this weekend. Enjoying them immensely. The last three are my favorite EBG releases. My copy of Temperamental has an odd error, the track listing on disc one goes from 1-14, with number 11 missing. Poor proofreading for do they not like the number 11?

17. jsayers

I didn't notice that but you're right. They got it right in the booklet and on the disc, though - 13 tracks.

18. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Temperamental was my first purchase in this reissue series, and as it is with most packaging these days, the discs are an afterthought. Nice hardbound cover, nice booklet, and...scuffed CDs right off the bat thanks to the discs being shoved into cardboard inserts.

19. AveryKG

AveryKG Sultan of snacks

Haven't you heard? Thirteen isn't unlucky anymore, but eleven is. ;)

20. jsayers

I had a devil of a time getting disc 1 out. There's no hole cut into the pocket to help push the disc out, and the pocket is tight so the disc won't fall out on it's own. :realmad:

And they did make these 2 reissues slightly larger than all the others so they won't look right stacked next to each other. :sigh:

Haven't listened to mine yet but the booklet and artwork is nice as always, though. :agree:

21. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Haven't really listened either, but I did like their acknowledgement in the Temperamental booklet that Tracey had very little involvement in that album. Early albums had roughly even splits in terms of songwriting credits, Walking Wounded has a slight tip in the balance towards Ben, but on Temperamental she's credited with no music and the lyrics to just five of the ten tracks.

22. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Really enjoying both of these.
    And no difficulties removing discs from my sets (ordered via amazon.uk).
    Really nice bonus tracks and remixes (these were all new to me). Even the live tracks, which I was skeptical of, are excellent.
    Money well spent! RH

jsb! and jsayers like this.
  23. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan

got the 'temperamental' deluxe today..

the book is excellent.

the cd's and compilations are terrible. just one new track.

not worth it at all..

have better hopes for 'walking wounded'.

very poor job on all these deluxe releases from everything but the girl.

avoid, unless you are a a completist.

later

24. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Really wish they'd reissue Walking Wounded on vinyl and finally do a vinyl issue for Amplified Heart...

Fortysomething likes this.
  25. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

I'd like to see Walking Wounded released as a set of 12" 45 RPM discs. Wouldn't that sound sweet?

noahjld and e.s. like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.