Big Brother 17 (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

That person is going to be talking out both sides of their mouth this week...

rburly likes this.
  2. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

The only target at this point has to be an Austwin no matter how dangerous Vanessa is. You can't leave a voting block of 3 in this late and actually it has to be a twin to go out of the 3 because they are the only ones who won't possibly turn on each other.

minerwerks and rburly like this.
  3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Steve said that he wants to put Austin and Liz. He said his target is Vanessa, but he wants to backdoor Vanessa. Again, we;ll see...

Tom in Houston likes this.
  4. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

We as viewers should demand a new September phenomenon - Wrap -Up Week. The networks don't have to run Premiere Week immediately following it, but they have to bring an abrupt end to all the summer shows, especially reality shows during that week.

In Wrap -Up week we would learn to expect big things again, from sitting down in front of our TVs. And the repeat season could come to a screeching halt as shows like Big Brother come on in extra slots in order to get finished up. Then they'd already have us warmed up and ready to watch New Fall Programming, heavily promoted all Wrap-Up week.

rburly likes this.
  5. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

Does anyone actually believe Steve's idiot savant, man-child routine?

Steve spent five minutes struggling to open a package of Fun Dip before eventually asking someone to show him how to open it. Once the package was open, he asked someone to show him how to eat it.

I really want to smack this kid.

6. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

I almost completely agree. I still like JohnnyMac and (to a lesser degree) Steve, but they shot their own chances at winning by declining to break up the Austwins. I was so p.o.'d after the show last night, the whole second eviction just compouning my frustration with the first.

7. minerwerks

But isn't very good at it...

rburly likes this.
  8. minerwerks

As the kind of person who would self-describe as "awkward," I know where Steve is coming from some of the time.

zebop and rburly like this.
  9. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

I actually completely forgot to watch it last night. Sounds like I didn't miss anything. This is the part of the summer where things get really infuriating and predictable. ALWAYS the worst ones last till the end. And to think they could have gotten rid of Austin so early.

10. applebonkerz

They could have gotten rid of all of them so early! Totally ridiculous that last week was the first time any twin was even on the block, let alone allowing the extra one to fully join the game in the first place.

minerwerks, rburly and Tom in Houston like this.
  11. Tom in Houston

All they had to do was speak up and Julia would not have been allowed into the house.

applebonkerz and rburly like this.
  12. rburly

That's what got me. Jason knew it, several others knew it from Jason. He told most of them exactly what happened in season 5, and it was done exactly the same. All they had to do was bring it up before the fifth week. Bunch of Mo-rons.

applebonkerz and Tom in Houston like this.
  13. rburly

Steve puts Liz and Austin up on the block. There is much anger in the house currently.

panasoffkee and Tom in Houston like this.
  14. applebonkerz

If it stays that way, there is still some little glimmer of hope left of an unexpected final two... but I'm not putting any bets on that.

rburly and Tom in Houston like this.
  15. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Oh God! He can't think for himself, and,when he does, he gets sick.

Now does anyone understand my desire for a bunch of cut-throat, obnoxious players next year?

You mean he actually grew a pair? Damn! James must be channeling him!

rburly likes this.
  16. Grant

This could go a couple of different ways. But if it were me, I would have put either both of the twins up, or put up Julia instead of Liz. Liz is a weaker player than her sister. Anyway this turns out, though, that trio is done. And, since that bond between family is stronger than Liz's bond with Austin is, it's more important to break those twins up.

Tom in Houston and rburly like this.
  17. Tom in Houston

Here's a good proposal for future seasons of Big Brother - In the event of a tie in the eviction voting, both nominees will be sent packing. Vote wrangling would take on added importance. And when it got down to the end, defined as a controllable number of voters, you could engineer a double eviction for say, Austin and Liz, or Liz and Vanessa. The closer to the end they got, the more they would have to worry about a dreaded tie.

Another alternative - in the event of an eviction vote tie, the nominating HoH goes home - from greatest to most humbled in the time it takes to poll the house.

Any showmance significant others widowed by the new rule, would be allowed to stay in the HoH bedroom that next week to try and possibly interest the new HoH. hahahaha (This last remark is a joke, but the real rule change suggestions I think might add a level of strategy and genuine luck - something to surprise the plotters, something to bite the gamblers in the butt, something to stop the unanimous votes and maybe put a dent in the importance of not being seen as a blood-letter.)

Just an idea

18. applebonkerz

I've been thinking an interesting change could be if you are on the block and win POV yourself, YOU then get to name your replacement when you take yourself off the block. It might even be good to extend it to anyone who wins POV chooses the replacement if they use it--it could encourage more people to use it and actually play the game instead of always playing safe because they can't be sure who will go up instead.

19. rburly

Austin just won the POV. Certainly he will take himself off the block.

Grant likes this.
  20. Grant

Now, all Steve has to do is be smart about it and put up Liz. He'll be stupid to put up Vanessa. Watch. I'll bet that's exactly what he does, too.

applebonkerz and rburly like this.
  21. minerwerks

Is there anyone that Vanessa could take to final two that she could win against?

rburly likes this.
  22. John54

John54 Senior Member

Russell Hantz?

minerwerks, rburly and Tom in Houston like this.
  23. Tom in Houston

I would say, everyone. When they come down to the polling for winner, so many jurors will begrudgingly fall back on what they feel is their duty - to vote for the player who played the game the best.

They have had a few weeks to cool down emotionally, so the very people who got them evicted, the people they hated as they left, are often the people that they vote for. I get the feeling sometimes that they are voting for the person who beat them, the way fans of a second place in conference college football team will cheer for the team they lost to, in the bowl games.

Steve is playing the game well at this point, but how many jury members could know that? None so far, The Jury House could be pulling for Johnny Mac as "one of their own". But no one could vote for Austin or a twin over Vanessa, not in good conscience. So as much as I hate her, I think Vanessa will go home with the money if she makes it to Final 2.

minerwerks, applebonkerz and rburly like this.
  24. rburly

Austin used his POV and Steve put up Julia. One of the twins will be going home this week.

applebonkerz and Tom in Houston like this.
  25. Tom in Houston

The cumulative IQ of the house is guaranteed to go up!

zebop, rburly and applebonkerz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.