New Black Crowes Reissue Vinyl coming!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jeff kleinberg, Sep 30, 2013.

1. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

I mentioned it to Boa on Sat Night - "all they have to do is license the masters to a company like AF or Mofi and they'll handle the transfer and pressing. It's a no brainer."

He said it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

2. Not sure, then?

3. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

Sounds like we'll have to petition Chris first ... unless Rich is the one that's holding it up because he's not talking to Chris after that stunt he pulled with the proposed 25th anniversary tour.

highway chile likes this.
  4. Further

Further Forum Resident

RIGHT! Forgot about that. In retrospect, I'm really glad I did the TMD preorder way back when. Managed to score 2 copies of that DVD and watched it many times.

I never understood why Hi Speed Transportation L.A. City Limit Blues got left behind. I remember looking forward to a studio cut of it and it never happened. So many great songs coming together at that time. The original NEM with the Stacey's was cut short way too soon. What a great band.

I hear ya on the real Reflections. In fact, I was recently listening to that promo CD that was put together from some shows in '03 ( I think ) called Bootleg. I don't have the date handy at the moment but it has a fantastic Reflections > Waiting In Vain on there worth lighting up to.

painted8 likes this.
  5. YouKnowEyeKnow

YouKnowEyeKnow Forum Resident

Sounds like most of these vinyl outlets are probably encouraging pre-orders simply to pad the bottom line of the last quarter of the year in this situation. Put simply, pre-orders are as good as sales, unless of course, the reissued albums don't drop ultimately, as may be the case here. But the longer they keep stringing out your pre-order by pushing back the dates, the longer your money is held in limbo as far as the buyer is concerned. They will do this until the Crowes officially pull the effort. Thats my theory, but its a plausible one. I'm not saying that these outlets are raking in thousands on pre-orders for The Black Crowes alone, but pre-orders on the whole are big money movers for these places.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    phish and Tuna82 like this.
  6. Tuna82

Tuna82 Hyperactive!

Even though they dont charge my card until they ship?

7. YouKnowEyeKnow

YouKnowEyeKnow Forum Resident

Some will, some wont. I did say 'most' of these outlets, there are some who wont take the money until it ships. Either way, it helps the bottom line, because it's basically a sale.

Tuna82 likes this.
  8. highway chile

highway chile I know it goes a little deeper than that.

I just hope crowesbase doesn't go away. That is one of helluva cool site.

9. Tuna82

Tuna82 Hyperactive!

Well I feel better about the two online sources I use the most then. Neither charges until it ships. Thanks

telepicker97 and YouKnowEyeKnow like this.
  10. telepicker97

Have no idea and don't care, is more accurate.

11. I thought you did since you earlier stated it was unauthorized and you seemed to indicate that you have inside info about the band. My mistake.

12. telepicker97

I talk to them and people that have worked for them, yes.

I've seen/heard the Plain reissue, was unimpressed and didn't ask any questions.

I forget that it exists.

13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Can you point me to where that post is? I looked at the FB page and didn't see anything, but I'm not real FB literate and have no idea how to search. I don't use FB very often.

14. telepicker97

It's under "posts to page"

If you don't check that you'll only see what MFSL posted

15. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I never found a "posts to page" link. I found one called "Visitor Posts" and scrolled through a few pages of that, but didn't see it. Can you just provide a direct link?

16. telepicker97

Maybe in a couple days if you remind me

17. Further

Further Forum Resident

Obviously, somebody has the rights to release the first 4 albums, since these release dates keep coming up and changing all the time. Why even announce it if they don't have permission from Chris & Rich? I'm guessing they don't need it and something else is holding these up.

Amazon.ca has pre-orders back up for November 13. Elusive Disc is now saying December 4, so here we go again.

That being said, I've got my pre-orders in again, just in case. Haha.

Tuna82 likes this.
  18. Tuna82

Tuna82 Hyperactive!

Ditto. Me too. And I may have picked up a sealed copy of Amorica this week just in case they don't.

19. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

All I really want is Lions and BYS. I think I have the others. Well, I have the Plain SHAMC, so I'd like a real copy of that classic.

Tuna82 likes this.
  20. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Resident

Who hasn't had a falling out with Chris?

Rhett likes this.
  21. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Resident

I will not forgive you, nor will I accept the blame. :winkgrin:

painted8 and hiddman like this.
  22. If they ever do get released, surely it will be a good Friday.

Tuna82 likes this.
  23. Tuna82

Tuna82 Hyperactive!

Amazon US is in on the action now. Got this email last night...

Your Amazon Alerts
    [​IMG]
    Availability Alert

We're happy to let you know that the item you requested is now available to order from Amazon.com. Please act quickly – there's no guarantee that it will remain in stock for long.
    Music
    [​IMG]
    Shake Your Money Maker [LP]
    [​IMG]
    Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Availability: This title will be released on December 4, 2015. Pre-order now. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Price: $22.99
    [​IMG]

We hope you enjoyed receiving this message. Please visit the link below to view and manage your alerts.
    Please note that product prices and availability are limited time offers and are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this newsletter was sent; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit Amazon.com.

(c) 2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Amazon, Amazon.com and the Amazon.com logo and 1-Click are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Amazon.com, 410 Terry Avenue N., Seattle, WA 98109-5210.

Reference 149668260

YouKnowEyeKnow likes this.
  24. funknik

funknik He who feels it.

25. Dusty Ol'Rekkids

Dusty Ol'Rekkids Forum Resident

funknik, Buda and painted8 like this.