Rubber Soul album has Revolver on the label

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by polydorvinyl, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polydorvinyl

polydorvinyl Member Thread Starter

Yes I spotted a few Beatles albums made in Germany , remastered stereo ,quickly made the purchase.
    Sgt Pepper ,Rubber Soul ,Revolver.
    Now this is very odd, after pre cleaning them ,Spin Clean ,i suddenly noticed I had
    2 Revolver albums. I thought I was losing it ,so i played one and sure enough it was Rubber Soul
    I'm not sure how to react, I hate taking things back, feel inclined to keep it ,if it works
    don't fix it. ?

2. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

3. For me, as a media collector, I'd keep it and buy another copy. Misprints sometimes can become valuable if they are rare.

john lennonist and Folknik like this.
  4. I've got a Beatles oddity too, the label says Sgt Pepper but the music sounds awfully like Their Satanic Majesties Request.

Should I keep it? :whistle:

5. polydorvinyl

6. polydorvinyl

I tried to post pics , not sure of how to do it,
    however album shows EU pressing with Revolver label remastered , made in Germany.Definitely Rubber Soul.
    I already have Beatles mono cd box set ,but there were a few albums i remember fondly in stereo.
    The US version, stereo remasteredI believe it was called rainbow pressings ,had a lot of issues.
    Very hard to get EU remastered stereo... If opportunity presents itself i may get Mono lp
    box set from Germany. But it like never ends right, next thing will be blu ray audio Beatles.

7. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

Try posting it somewhere like on Photobucket and drag the image here. Or somebody with more expertise can give a better example.

8. polydorvinyl

I'm not sure if your joking, as Their Satanic Majesties Request was the Rolling Stones answer to Sgt Pepper. If of course it is TSMR
    and the label is for Sgt Peppers , what you have could be priceless . That would be a real mix up ??

9. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Back in the 60's, my "Meet The Beatles" album had a Beach Boys Christmas label on it. No, I don't have it. Katrina destroyed it

10. I can see you're new here. .. :)
    Search words: 'Keith' 'Richards' 'mish' 'mash' 'rubbish'. Pour yerself a drink and enjoy. :tiphat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.