...Rumours...rumours..Jack White may produce next Rolling stones album..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lk4605, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Well, I only first started hearing the hype about the White Strips late last decade. They must have a cult following for their 15 year reign and have become indie pop stars since then. But then again I don't listen to most modern music and don't care to either. The best music is decades past. And the same goes for artists I like.

2. One producer one vision w the band. Macca used muti producers and made a crap record

ARK likes this.
  3. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

Could be great if it happened. I like White better as a producer than as an artist. He's done wonderful work with veteran artists like Loretta Lynn and Wanda Jackson, he'd be a good fit I suspect.

4. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

I'm not questioning the talent, or lack of for Jack White. I just think they are way left field to produce a Stones record. As far as the laziness, this is why the Stones haven't had a good album in 20 years. Like I said, they had their day.

5. johnaltman

johnaltman Forum Resident

a interesting thread, but it's just asking for a bunch of predictable old man bs

majorlance, Merrick, e.s. and 2 others like this.
  6. Hmm Jack White has a very county bluesy southern style right in line with their 68-72 period style.

Umbari, forthlin, e.s. and 1 other person like this.
  7. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

And they both come from Detroit!
    Maybe they should get Ted Nugent.

8. music4life

music4life Senior Member

How about Rick Rubin?

steveharris likes this.
  9. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Didn't Patrick Carney produce the Black Keys records?

10. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Even if this is just a rumour, it does make some sense.
    If the Stones can still muster up some of that old inspirational hunger, hopefully Jack White can help spark it. It's not as if both really need each other to achieve some predictable goal (i.e. sales or name recognition), hopefully it's just for the passion of making great music.

In the past, the Stones have incorporated various obvious influences (Blues, Beatles, Gram Parsons, disco, Motown, etc) so it's not like they've pioneered untrodden paths.

11. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

As well as others.

12. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I think they should obviously go the EDM route, as it's hot now and all. I mean, they did disco, so this would be just a natural progression.

e.s. and JuanTCB like this.
  13. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Well, not to sound like a Debbie Downer, but this period of the Stones is my least favorite for the most part with a few exceptions. I like the 60s era up to Brian Jones departure. Then I like them after Ron Wood came into play up to the early 80s. After that it's very hit and miss. After Voodoo Lounge, nothing.

14. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

EDM. Are you for real?

15. lightbulb

EDM will be perfect for them in 15 years plus. Jagger would be nearing 90, he could trade his patented "little red rooster/Tina Turner stage strut" for a wheelchair. Don't those EDM guys just commandeer a massive soundboard monitor ala the Starship Enterprise?
    ("I'm Just Sittin' on a ....chair.")

Also, by then most music listeners will buy into the pitched idea that EDM is the most popular music of choice, that they must listen to.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Platterpus likes this.
  16. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

The ghost of Jimmy Miller. :uhhuh:

17. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

Who do you think could do a better job? (not asked in a nasty way, just curious who you have in mind)

18. ZoSo794

ZoSo794 Forum Resident

I agree with you on the stones recent output being lazy but I don't think it has anything to do with a producer, they just don't have the songs.:shrug:

signothetimes53 likes this.
  19. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

He produced the first two. Anyway, the other poster was making a joked based on the fact that Jack White hates Dan Auerbach and would probably never agree to something like that.

realkilroy likes this.
  20. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

Exactly.

You can put a prom dress on a pig, but underneath it's still a pig. Ain't no producer, no matter how good, who can make mediocre, forgettable songs feel like the second coming of "Satisfaction"

21. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Every band has their day and Stones are no exception. Lackluster writing has hurt their albums. Very few to no memorable songs in the last two decades. Johnny Depp or Pee Wee Herman could produce a new album for them but if the writing isn't there, it makes no difference. Their main draw will be their live shows as that's how they make their money now.

22. I think a big part of their problem has been working with a MOR slickster like Don Was. Maybe some younger blood would give them a bit of a kick in the butt.

e.s., Ben Adams, bonus and 2 others like this.
  23. lightbulb

Assuming this rumour pans out, this Forum will really blow up if the Stones follow suit with releasing the music ala Jack White protocol:
    12 limited edition 78 RPM records for each track, numbered and framed in solid hand carved redwood, which must be destroyed if one desires to actually play the disc.
    Only sold to walk in customers at Jack White's Third Man store in Nashville, TN.

24. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

25. Fair enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.