Indiana Jones - Spielberg interested in possible reboot?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

I wonder if he'll replace all the guns with walkie-talkies.

budwhite likes this.
  2. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

you have done good mate, you have done good.

chrischerm likes this.
  3. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

If this goes through, I would like to see Indiana Jones played by an unknown actor for two reasons. 1-They can sign the new guy to a 5 movie contract in case it's successful & 2-If it bombs, it'll be more easy to forget without a famous name attached to it. They could dd a "Thor" maneuver & turn it into "Indy Anna Jones" (I hope not!) so let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Inevitable. "Properties" like Indiana Jones are no different than Robin Hood, Tarzan, and Sherlock Holmes so it makes sense that the character would move on with a different actor and creative team.

Wondering likes this.
  5. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Yes. But the studio heads won't green-light anything unless there is a guaranteed built-in audience. So the original ideas get shelved and the sequels, reboots and remakes get made instead.

eddiel likes this.
  6. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

In 1980 I wouldn't have envisioned Ford as an archaeologist. In interviews Ford doesn't exactly exude academia or intellect.

In 2000 I wouldn't have envisioned Johnny Depp as a pirate either.

7. BrewDrinkRepeat

BrewDrinkRepeat Forum Resident

Please. NO.

I'm so tired of remakes, reboots (although I'll admit the new Star Trek movies were pretty good, I'd still rather have an all-new show / movie scenario), pointless sequels and other nonsense.

Hollywood makes near-infinity billions of dollars a year and and this is the best they can come up with??? :realmad:

Bring on the big earthquake. Sooner than later. Please.

8. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Make one more with Ford to close out the series and be done with it.

9. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

They should cast Sean Patrick Flanery. It will fix the continuity with the TV series that nobody is complaining about. :laugh:

wayneklein and Hutch like this.
  10. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Can I wish for you to be buried in a snow drift next winter?

enro99 and GentleSenator like this.
  11. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    wayneklein likes this.
  12. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

Am I the only one who thinks that Chris Pratt seems to do a good job with both humor and action and would probably do a great job in an action/adventure franchise?

Chad

Scott222C, Keim and Karsten like this.
  13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

It is the movie business after all $$$$ in >> $$$$ out.

14. You belong in a museum behind glass and armed guards. The last human with a pristine memory of Indy.

nbakid2000 likes this.
  15. ....or an aging rock band that keeps loosing original members until finally its a cover band.

Deesky likes this.
  16. He's also an underrated actor who is quite good playing young Indy.

17. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

if they want to reebot the series, they might hire this guy

[​IMG]

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Please, dear god. Anybody but Shia LaBeouf.

[​IMG]

19. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That's the guy who played the younger version of the Ford character in "Age of Adaline", right?

20. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Now that was uncanny, was it not?

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Hey, they could hire the kid who played teenage Indy in Last Crusade:

[​IMG]

Sadly, River Phoenix would have been 45 this year -- not a bad age to play Indiana Jones.

22. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Yes, that's him. By the way, not my usual kind of movie but I thought "Adaline" was very. As for the Ford resemblance, while watching the movie I was sure they would try to mask the actor's face but close shots came and..wow. Spot on casting.

23. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Ah, what a huge loss... Phoenix starred in one of my fave films (My own private Idaho) and he could have had a notable carrier; was also incredibly funny in "Love you to death".

As for "The Last Crusade", we all remember the opening scene inside the train and he was impressive because: as we all know (in this board, at least:D) scenes like that may take a long time to be shot and have to be carefully edited, but that's not the point. Many times, especially in the past, these chases showed the actor "fresh" from the first to the last second (eg: pick most Bond films starring Moore; 007 won't sweat, his hair is perfect, his tuxedo is always immaculate and he won't show tiredness) of the scene.
    Make up aside, he looked really tired by the end of the chase. Yeah, he might have been following instructions from Spielberg in that sense but that was impressive for a 18 y.o.
    Many experienced actors, in similar situations, fail.
    :D Well, now you all know one of my "cinematic" pet peeves, actors looking too good after a lenghty chase. I complain to friends about that all the time, whenever we see a movie with similar scenes. :laugh:

agaraffa, Bobby Buckshot and Vidiot like this.
  24. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

There is only one Indiana Jones, for me.

25. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I would rather have my eyes pried opened A Clockwork Orange style and be forced to watch Kingdom Of The Chrystal Skull on a loop than watch a rebooted Indy without Ford as the character. It would be as bad as those two JJ Abrams Star Trek films.

Spirit Crusher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.