...Rumours...rumours..Jack White may produce next Rolling stones album..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lk4605, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnaltman

johnaltman Forum Resident

:laugh: then how do you know they're so bad??

2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

3. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Or for that matter, bothering to post in this thread? :D

4. INSW

INSW Senior Member

It would be a nice way to close things out, if true.

5. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

I like the Stones up to Tattoo You the best, not everything from their entire career, but a good portion from the beginning up to this album. Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge had some decent songs but after this I have no interest.

6. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Jack & Mick spotted at DFA79 gig in Nashville.

With no sightings of the other Stoners, is this some kind of Mick solo release? White is definitely an upgrade over Lenny Kravitz and probably most of Super Heavy.

7. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Hey, I can post in any thread I want to. I don't need your permission.

8. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

Agreed. Don Was must have felt comfortable, but he isn't a great producer for them. I'd imagine that Jack White would force them to work faster. And if he demands that they bring some acoustic instruments and a National Steel to the sessions they might actually deliver an interesting album.

In any event, it's not something the group would decide lightly. If they liked The White Stripes and Jack's various solo projects he might be what they're looking for. I just hope they write a few decent songs before entering the studio. I'm enjoying the new Keith Richards album more than the last few Stones albums (from the past couple of decades) so there's always a chance.

bonus and Dudley Morris like this.
  9. stef1205

stef1205 Forum Resident

...to be played as background music in a supermarket or an elevator.

To me Turn Blue was the greatest deception in the last few years.

10. Brian Ramone

Brian Ramone Well-Known Member

I'm referring to his Artistic output.
    I hold originality way over productivity.

11. erocky

erocky Senior Member

Sure you have permission to post, that's silly. You have just posted the same thing about a half a dozen times. You don't like the Stones music past a certain date. I do like the Stones music past 1981. I think that the Stones are amazing songwriters. Some of the greatest in rock history. A Bigger Bang had some songs on it that I really liked. I thought that the album was just too long by about 20 minutes. I am excited about a new release.

ssmith3046 and telepicker97 like this.
  12. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

It was not the psychedelic 'Dylan goes Electric' that it was advertised as, and for that I'd agree with you (assuming that's what you mean). That said; Lazaretto covered NO new ground and was fairly boring in my opinion. I did like both records, but Turn Blue hit a chord with me more than the later.

Edit: Not to derail the thread...I would be thrilled if Jack White produced the next RS record. He IS a great musician and his production work has been really good in my opinion.

13. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

It could be brilliant.

From what I've seen and heard Jack White is a first rate prick who won't take any guff from the Stones. I saw Wanda Jackson the other night and she said he was brilliant but worked her nearly to death. The Stones need studio discipline desperately and Jack could be the guy to provide it - especially if they're on his turf. The best part? I'm guessing Jack White would record the Stones mostly >>> live as a unit <<< as opposed to relying on ProTools which was the death of the last two Stones albums. Finally, Jack is an American roots music aficionado who could bring a plethora of new songs and ideas to the Stones who've essentially been making the same album for thirty years now. He could help them rediscover why they got into music in the first place.

bonus, Fullbug, Dudley Morris and 4 others like this.
  14. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

Interesting. I think many of us assume a JW produced Stones would be a back to blues/roots type record. Recorded live with the band (or close). That would be cool with me.

It would be like what Vodoo Lounge was advertised as (but not at all actually like)

bonus likes this.
  15. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

The issue with Lazaretto was the lack of hooks and memorable songs.

funhouse likes this.
  16. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

Good.
    Perhaps he will keep the compressors locked away in a back room somewhere as well.

17. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I'm with you!

bonus likes this.
  18. Socrates

Socrates Forum Resident

19. CoryS

CoryS Forum Resident

QWERTY!

20. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

Socrates likes this.
  21. I love Lazaretto except for the pressing gimmicks making it a bitch to play.

stef1205 and leeroy jenkins like this.
  22. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

I have a feeling, just a feeling now, that the Stones might surprise us with whatever album they put out in the near-future.
    I think it's healthy for classic bands to work with different producers. As long as they pick a sympathetic producer. Not Jay-Z or that Swedish guy that apparently is in charge of all current pop output! Jack White might be the guy to stimulate a sense of urgency in the sound.

bonus likes this.
  23. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

What Does Glyn Johns Think?

JuanTCB likes this.
  24. Sean

Sean Senior Member

I remember when the Stones brought in Steve Lillywhite. What was that album again?

25. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

I'd rather hear stones produce jack white, or at least slap him around enough to make him bring back meg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.