Sly & The Family Stone - Greatest Hits - New Audio Fidelity SACD - QUAD and MONO hit mixes!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jsayers, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Steve just commented on my FB post..." 3 weeks, give or take a week... "

Ed Hughes and fredblue like this.
  2. fredblue

fredblue Surrounded by Music

Stunning examples of Mono and Quad mixes too imho.. reckon this one's gonna be big :righton:

Ed Hughes and Myke like this.
  3. Myke

For 45 years, my favorite GH comp.:agree:

pscreed, mgb70, jwoverho and 2 others like this.
  4. George P

George P Notable Member

Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Myke likes this.
  5. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting.... Thread Starter

Well, it's all down to AF, really. The 10/16 date is the latest estimate from AF to Amazon, I would think.

Ed Hughes and fredblue like this.
  6. Myke

Bull Moose has said 10/16 for a while now.
    All due respect, but anyone that frequents this forum should know, first hand, such dates are meaningless. We have the inside track here, with Steve letting us know how far along a project is.
    Until his FB post today, I felt I had no clue about a date, except to know of course that it's coming.

agentalbert and fredblue like this.
  7. fredblue

Loggins & Messina AF Surround SACD is going out to Subscribers now afaik, that disc has Amazon U.S. release date of September 25th, so by that rough guestimation.... Sly & Family should be dropping round abouts October 16th as Bull Moose suggested.. I think! Tired out, need sleep! Goodnight and may your God go with you! :D

Myke likes this.
  8. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

Hey Steve,

Do you feel the power, knowing you can decide when you have finished your work, and the behemoth Amazon, as well as all the others, have to wait for you? lol

9. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

This should be a great one and just like you, I look forward to adding it to my collection!

My personal favorite is the original first ever "Greatest Hits" (or so it is rumored to be) and that is Johnny Mathis' "Johnny's Greatest Hits" and it sounds great in MONO on LP, but sadly there has never been a "Quad" mix or else I could hope for Steve to do that one next! :tiphat:

fredblue and Myke like this.
  10. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

This SACD is actually my very first ever purchase from Bull Moose and I forgot to use the Hoffman discount code (there is one, right?), when I ordered. I'm hoping that they will be as quick as possible to get this shipment in my hands, as soon as they receive their first shipment!

11. Myke

No discount at Bull Moose, no. Just great prices, and service. I recently spoke to Chris, about someone using Media Mail instead of their usual First Class, or Priority, and that was rectified quickly. We should get our SACDs within 2 days of their shipping.

Chris C likes this.
  12. Myke

Inherited my mother's copy 5 years ago. Bittersweet.

Chris C likes this.
  13. fredblue

There are many Johnny Mathis Quad mixes!

Superb albums, all in beautiful Quad.. that incomparable voice coupled with some lovely arrangements, knockout performances among them.

I have all these Johnny Mathis albums in Quad and hope at least some of them will receive the Audio Fidelity Surround SACD treatment:

"When Will I See You Again",
    "Me & Mrs. Jones",
    "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face",
    "Song Sung Blue",
    "You've Got A Friend,
    "I'm Coming Home".

14. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

Amazon:

Sly & Family Stone "Greatest Hits"
    Estimated arrival date: November 05, 2015 - November 07, 2015

15. rxcory

rxcory proud jazz band/marching band parent

Just got an email from Amazon about my preordered copy, saying it had been pushed back until the first week of November. Still worth the short wait!

16. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on August 02, 2015 (Order# xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Sly & Family Stone "Greatest Hits"
    Estimated arrival date: October 30, 2015

We'll make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount).

For more information about this order please visit:

www.amazon.com/youraccount

If your shipment arrives too late, you may either refuse delivery or return it to us for a refund. For returns instructions, please visit our Returns Center at:

www.amazon.com/returns

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Feel free to reach out to Customer Service with any questions at http://www.amazon.com/customerservice

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

17. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Got the same e-mail. Bummer.

18. Myke

10/30 now. Yeah. Life will go on. :laugh:

rxcory likes this.
  19. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member

[​IMG]

The Loggins & Messina Multichannel SACD from Audio Fidelity is already In Stock at Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc and Music Direct. Available to non-members as well !
    http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...-Loggins_And_Messina-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD
    http://www.elusivedisc.com/Loggins-...lti-Channel-Stereo-SACD/productinfo/AFSAM216/
    http://www.musicdirect.com/p-354103...-and-messina-hybrid-sacd-40-multichannel.aspx

fredblue likes this.
  20. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

21. rxcory

rxcory proud jazz band/marching band parent

jsayers likes this.
  22. Myke

[​IMG]

fredblue and rxcory like this.
  23. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

My copy shipped from AF today! I cannot wait to listen to these Steve mastered Mono mixes...

Bob

fredblue and MartinR like this.
  24. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for your review of the quad mix? :)

25. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

That is correct!

Bob

MartinR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.