Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Tug Of War & Pipes Of Peace coming! (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by daveidmarx, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I'm sure UPS would mail you the invoice.

They must have made a fortune out of McCartney in the last few days... I bet they're keener for the Archive titles to come out than we are!

theMess likes this.
  2. Bobby Morrow

Sadly, a lot of the £55 ones are US based...

One US seller I would recommend is all_the_music. I've dealt with them many times over the years and have NEVER had import tax woes with them...

ATM did have both titles yesterday for £53, but it looks like they've sold out now.

theMess likes this.
  3. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

That's not entirely true, though I expect it's much easier to get it that way for many. Ron

4. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Actually, your post was the one that drew my attention to this....so...thank you? Now I can't unhear it! :)

I'm just wondering if vocals/punch-ins were added at a different time, the machines were different, or something else we're missing. I don't know. I guess a result of how remixes/remastered aren't always a good thing (She Loves You edit, anyone?)

5. Bobby Morrow

I bet the Super Deluxe is overrated anyway.:D

theMess and Mazzy like this.
  6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Jeez enough of the shipping updates !

kenbefound likes this.
  7. Bobby Morrow

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_o...l+mccartney.TRS0&_nkw=paul+mccartney&_sacat=0

This is all_the_music's McCartney selection on eBay. I know you'll have all these, but they're very reasonably priced and quick to deliver. I'd recommend them to anyone after US imports. They have thousands of CDs and DVDs.

DmitriKaramazov and theMess like this.
  8. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Thanks! I will keep an eye on them, and see whether the reissues come back in stock again.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  9. Ed59

Ed59 Forum Resident

Beatles Fan 4 Life and theMess like this.
  10. Bobby Morrow

The only worry is how well they'd package something as delicate as these Archive deluxe editions... I've only ever had standards CDs off them.

theMess likes this.
  11. Bobby Morrow

Just noticed it's all_YOUR_music.:D

I'd be no good in promotions, would I?:D

theMess likes this.
  12. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Hey, that's a funny joke! :D

Johnny Reb and Glenn Christense like this.
  13. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Thanks for posting. Interestingly, the reviewer says that POP holds up even better than Tug Of War in his opinion, and although it is not something that I agree with, at least POP is getting a bit of praise.

I liked this line:

''The new frontier for Beatlemaniacs: reclaiming Eighties Paul. It's one of the weirdest areas of the man's career, full of buried treasures ripe for discovery.''

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  14. Ed59

Ed59 Forum Resident

My favorite line was the very next one: "On the map of McCartney's music, fans usually avoid the Eighties as the zone marked "Here Be Broad Street."

15. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

Some quick notes after I looked, listened and seen the dvd's. MY OPINIONS:
    - Books: interviews are not so revealing. Some interesting things, but I would say 20% ok, the other 80% what hardcore fans knew well.
    - Recording dates and personnel: big mistakes, sloppy information. I will make a list tomorrow.
    - Dvd: it's a shame they did not explore the potential of Paul's video archives. The start of "Recording Keep Under Cover" - with Paul on vocals and piano during the recording of the track - is a gem, really. Unfortunately, leaves room to images with the official track after 10-15 seconds!! "Recording Its Not On" has more footage, I like it very much. Why they did not use footage of "Pipes of Peace" or "Say Say Say"? This would have make it a SET!! The same for TUG OF WAR dvd: behind the scenes of "Take It Away it's an interesting concept, but they are talking and talking...where's the music???? Where is the well-known jam at Elstree Studios??? There are 30-40 seconds at the end, I think it's the famous ELSTREE BLUES: very nice, but too short.
    - Unreleased tracks: "It's Not On" is quite interesting, and in its genre I like it. "Simple at That" is annoying. The "Say Say Say" remix is a letdown.
    - Remixed version of TUG OF WAR: they BUTCHERED the album. I'll never listen to this remix again. Sorry.
    - REMASTERED AUDIO FOR BOTH: tomorrow... :)

Yours,

Luca

supermd, Johnny Reb, theMess and 6 others like this.
  16. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Yes, it apparently is a good one. Great, or stupid , minds think alike I guess. :D If you think I remember a post from a year ago, you give me too much credit regarding paying attention here. I don't. :p

Johnny Reb, theMess and Frank like this.
  17. But when I bitch about NEW that pissed a few folks off as well. :tiphat:

OK then, these are beautiful packages of mediocre albums and the Remix of Tug is no better than the original, and I would say even worse.

graystoke, DmitriKaramazov and Frank like this.
  18. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

19. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

EQ is going to be my next listening attempt. It's not my system, unless every medium I own hurts my ears and no other McCartney release (archive release so far...) has had that problem.

On the contrary, I've been very much impressed by the SQ on all of them - especially McCartney II.

I also don't find the same issue with the bonus cuts.

pantofis and eran levy like this.
  20. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Ok I'll bite. How do you get them if not on-line?

mrjinks likes this.
  21. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

Actually its my opinion not yours!

theMess and Mazzy like this.
  22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

The granting of wishes works quite well:

[​IMG]

;)

23. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

He's the director

24. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

[​IMG]

25. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Broad Street would go with Press to Play then? That would be a risk, so maybe he'll cross eras, say Broad Street and Red Rose Speedway?

A general thought: is the original digital mix the reason there were no bonus tracks in 1993? The extras wouldn't have matched the original album?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.