Musicstack Site (Opinions and Experiences)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by danielbravo, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member Thread Starter

I've been looking for a cd of Deep Purple manufactured in Japan and already discontinued. Among the sites I've reviewed one called MUSICSATCK where I found what I'm looking for. I have never bought on this site. The seller has an excellent punctuation (100% feedback with 932 sales and 98% availability) with 7 years selling cds and records there,

I wrote him an e-mail and sent me photographs of cd (which is in apparent new and good condition) and some description of the product but the price is quite good to be true...

Anyone have experiences shopping at this site? advice and comments regarding this site please

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I have bought from them many times, as well as Discogs and Gemm. No problem with any.

3. danielbravo

Thanks, for your opinion. That you advise me regarding the reputation of a seller ? I particularly see the opinion of other buyers and the number of sales in a given period and that the product description is accurate. In this case it seems to be good.

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Yes. You have to look at everything, but most sellers want great feedback. The ones I have dealt with try to do a good job.

danielbravo likes this.
  5. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

I've bought from them with no problems.

6. danielbravo

Thanks Mate, really!

7. danielbravo

Thanks... The problem is that I am some strict buying cds online. I had some unhappy experiences. Grateful for your comment.

8. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Unless I misunderstand how Musicstack is set up, they are merely a liason (basically), and nobody actually "buys from Musicstack" the way that somebody can "buy from Tower" or "buy from Amazon.com." Musicstack is just made up of a bunch of listings from individual sellers, so each seller has to be considered on their own merit. That said, I've had good luck buying there.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  9. danielbravo

Yes, I know that. It takes a little analytical and patient to buy there... each seller have almost like a classified page.

ggergm and MLutthans like this.
  10. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

I've bought from MusicStack with no problems. Always bought LPs. Never got a bad one.

danielbravo likes this.
  11. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

danielbravo, from reading upthread you understand this but others might not. There really is no such place as Musicstack. It's simply a clearing house for independent sellers. Your success or lack of it will come through those businesses, not Musicstack.

That said, I've purchased things through Musicstack for over a decade. Because I have a staple of sellers I know and trust, I've had great luck with Musicstack. I've also met some bozos. Usually the fault is they overgrade their records but occasionally it's been service.

Here are some of the folks with whom I've had outstanding success through Musicstack:

Musical Energi
    Bananas Music
    Brothers Records
    Yorklyn Records
    Solid Viper
    Recordsbymail
    TOSCA Records
    Vintage Vinyl
    Go Johnny Go

At this moment I have records in the mail to me from Musical Energi and Brothers Records.

I've purchased excellent records from other folks as well but if one of these stores has what I want at a price I'm willing to pay, I'll get it from them. The very few times I've had any issues, they've always been resolved quickly and in my favor.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Mr. LP Collector and danielbravo like this.
  12. danielbravo

Grateful for your kind response, I would buy a CD form a seller (Maggie Mae), seems to have an excellent reputation, at least for the profile as seller which is quite positive. He wrote and was quite friendly and even sent me pictures of the cd I want with details about the product. The conditions are excellent cd (new and sealed) but I drew attention to the price (pretty good) and it seemed to me too good to be true. Maybe I have no previous experience made the purchases on this site... and this made me postpone the purchase decision. Same happened to me with my first purchases on Ebay. Usually I buy only new cds and avoid buying used cds that I can find in other local stores for the best price.
    Finally'll do the purchase as soon receive other cds that I have still underway.

Thanks mate really!

ggergm likes this.
  13. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

Had my first album through Music stack today and I'm gutted. Procol Harum A Salty Dog. Don't normally risk buying at vg+ vg+ but this seller added the following 'outstanding condition is all can be said for this vinyl and original sleeve. This is a must for any fans. You will be more than happy with this vinyl'. So I thought it might be worth the risk. WRONG. There's a huge scratch through track 4,5 and 6 on side 1 which clicks throughout and side 2 also clicks and pops like hell. Have let the seller know how crappy the album is but went slightly overboard on the adjective side so I'll be lucky to get a reply. Anyone want to know who the seller is?

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  14. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident

It sounds like the grading here is G- for the vinyl. "A Salty Dog" is my favorite Procol lp and in my top 10 of all time favorite lp's by anyone! If I heard pops and clicks on songs like "Too Much Between Us" I think I would have a meltdown.

Price wise I consider that lp in the eight to twelve dollar range, WLP would make it twenty--IMHO! But when you have an lp that pops and clicks along three tracks, well it sounds like that lp should not have been listed for sale-at all.

Sorry you had a bad experience Lew! But I wouldn't give up on MusicStack. I've never bought there but know people who have bought there and they have done fine. And with all the problems I've read on this message board regarding Gemm, well, that cuts down the options regarding buying vinyl online a bit.

The Lew likes this.
  15. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

Yes luck of the draw LP. Thing is the seller has not indicated that the album has been shipped so can't leave feedback. Have contacted him but as I think he knew the scratch is there (it's huge, C shaped and about 3 inches long and it can be seen from space like the wall of China) I don't think he'll change the status to shipped to allow me to leave scathing feedback as I lashed him in my message to him. :D

16. Louis Kirsch

Louis Kirsch Forum Resident

Bought from MusicStack many times with no issues

17. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

No doubt I'll be giving it another go as my purchase didn't break the bank and I've cooled down now Louis.

ggergm likes this.
  18. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

This'll never get another play Mr LP.:mad:

19. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

It all depends on who you buy from. I can recommend all the sellers in my list upthread.

I've certainly had occasional problems with sellers but then, that's the nature of mail order business, be it Musicstack, Discogs or Ebay.

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  20. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident

I'm familiar with 4 of them, and two of them I met personally. One is recordsbymail. Craig Moerer out of the Portland Oregon area I believe. When I did the Austin show on kind of a steady business he used to buy a few dozen lp's from me every time I went down there. I'd cut him a good deal, and he in turn would always come back and visit me at the next show. Knows his stuff, knows his labels, pressings, and most important his quality control on grading was always good when I bought from him.

The other one I know is Bananas records. If it's the guy from St. Petersburg, Florida, then I can vouch for him as well. Met him at a Florida show YEARS ago. He also promoted shows in that area. Love to get down there again. Different Florida shows were hit and miss, but the one I went to that he was involved with was great! I've bought lp's from him as well, knows his stuff!

ggergm likes this.
  21. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

Vinyl Rocks from Sheffield UK have still not updated my order to show item shipped, so still can't leave feedback. This guy knows how it works and probably does it all the time. Never mind, but beware of VINYL ROCKS folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.