POLL: 'Rumours' album by Fleetwood Mac in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by W.B., May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirvanaCollector

NirvanaCollector New Member

Original Aussie pressings of Rumours and FM Self Titled.

2. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Rumours
    Original (?) UK pressings
    04 West German target
    32XD target
    2CD deluxe edition

Also Tango in the Night (it was 50p), Tusk German and 2CD deluxe CDs.

3. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

The above mentioned Greatest Hits album left my building…

4. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

'All essential music excl. Rumours by Fleetwood Mac'.

5. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

I think I have everything by FM but this album.Enough of it is on the Chain box and live cd/dvds for me.It has been so overplayed through the years,I'm fine with that.Not trying to take anything away from the music.They really are great songs.But at this point I'd rather listen to Bare Trees,Tusk,Live at the Tea Party etc...

6. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

no, not really. it's my choice and I have no interest in the rumours era band.

7. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Not a big FM fan, though I don't know if I've really heard much of their earlier material. The only CD I have is Tusk. Picked it up cheap and it's gotten maybe one listen.

8. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

Bought it because I felt it should be in my collection, but sold it on realizing it's just not my thing. I don't know why - the songs are clearly great but don't move me.

9. Doug_B

Doug_B Time Traveler

Owned the '75 S/T and Rumours on LP; probably still have them stashed away, and own Rumours on CD and DVD-A. Thought about discovering the original lineup's music but never got around to it.

Doug

10. Got sick of Rumours when it was on constant play in the Sixth Form common room at high school back in the early 80's. Didn't bother with it after that as my musical interests went further from the 'mainstream'. I bought a NM Japanese pressing and a cheap mint copy of Tusk a couple of years ago.

Infrequently played, mainly when I want to listen to 'Songbird' and gaze into the eyes of my One True Love and feel mushy.
    :love:
    (Which is usually just before I broach the subject of substantial spending on a luxury item I desire..) :evil:

11. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

'Rumours' and some of their other music. Early Peter Green blues and later pop.

12. Miriam

Miriam Forum Resident

13. PeakXV

PeakXV Forum Resident

There were Rumours that I was a massive Fleetwood Mac fan. Turns out I'm not really a fan of Fleetwood Mac at all and that the Rumours of my devotion were greatly exaggerated. Ha! Seriously, I love the synergy, energy. and flow of that album and that album alone in their portfolio. Oh, and the emotional factor. I can sense the real from the fake emotion a mile away. This one oozed emotion from the getgo and then you get the later spiel from the band about all the break ups and relationship stuff going on in the making of the album. Nope, absolutely no faking in this one. Is there something comparable in regards to tracks that flow so well together and have that unique combo of lyrics, vocals and instruments that must easily resonate through and scrape the cerebral rust off even the most emotionally detached humanoid on the planet. Is there?

14. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Yes I do.

I have Rumors, Then Play On, both self titled efforts, Mystery to Me, and Bare Trees

15. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

In our house - Rumours, Greatest Hits (1988), Oh Well 45, Albatross 45 (Blue Horizon UK original no less) and Tusk. All vinyl.

I have various digital files by different line-ups on my PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.