Partridge Family' star David Cassidy arrested for DWI in Schodack NY

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by davmar77, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Wow, what the hell was the point of that video?! No offense against Cassidy, but do UK folks -- in 2015 -- really care about Cassidy's divorce and bankruptcy? Sadly to say, if he wasn't drunk, who the hell would have even watched this interview? I iz zo con-foozed!

2. Slokes

Slokes Cruel But Fair

Cassidy was actually a bigger deal in the U. K. than he was in the U. S. back in the early 1970s. He had concert riots, tabloid coverage, and a string of solo hits.

3. helter

helter Forum Resident

You know I'm thinking the only time Cassidy ever gets any publicity is because he's drunk or in trouble with the law.
    Maybe he see's this kind of life as a career move ? :confused:

krock2009 likes this.
  4. kippy

kippy Forum Resident

Cassidy was looking to promote his upcoming EPs. The hosts were looking to query him on his bankruptcy and drunk driving. The hosts were very transparent with their passive-aggressive phony empathy. Cassidy was in his normal semi-intoxicated state. Sleazy tabloid interviewers asking questions to a pathetic alcoholic for an audience of voyeuristic housewives sipping their morning tea.

5. Vincentrifugal

Vincentrifugal Forum Resident

He had a very pleasant voice for those partridge tunes. My sister had the rolling stone cover from November 1972 (where he was naked) on her wall! My eyes!!!!

6. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood

He could've used Caruso's
    [​IMG]

7. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

David was not belligerent in that interview, he tried to be positive and simply refused to go deep into financials, etc. He might have had a few drinks, I don't know. But he was not way out of it, or belligerent.

And for you to state that all his problems are from drink is a completely arrogant statement from you.

Everyone has problems and one of the worst things one finds out when they stop drinking is that their problems do not all go away. What changes is the way one looks at the problems and how they deal with them. But you seem to know about DC's problems as if you were there with him and saw all of them. You were not, and you don't.
    One thing is clear, you do not like this person at all.

8. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

Ya think?

Spot on.

9. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Good points here.

But... David Cassidy has no UK tour scheduled, no new album, no new TV show to promote, or new book to discuss, right? Was he on there to promote anything? If not, why would he grant an interview at this point via satellite with a UK journalist? What did he think the interviewer was going to ask him? If there's no current project to speak of, then, of course, the interviewer is going to go for the big pink elephant standing in the room.

David Cassidy appears to going through a hell of a tough bout with booze and depression at the moment -- he should probably just lay low and talk to professional medical folks, not TV journalists.

heatherly, Rfreeman, helter and 2 others like this.
  10. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

True, there seems to be no reason for him to have done that interview at all, unless they were paying him for it, but I don't know if it works that way. Still, even if the whole point of the interview was to talk about his current difficulties, those interviewers couldn't have handled it any worse. There's ways to broach uncomfortable topics and put the subject at ease so that they feel like they can be open, but none of that was in view there. Perhaps the delay contributed to that - waiting for the questions to actually get to Cassidy made the interview seem like stop-and-go traffic.

11. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

Brits, do you use "rubbish" as a noun and a verb? Just curious.

dkmonroe likes this.
  12. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Not a Brit, but I believe that they do! It was kinda funny hearing David use it as a verb!

13. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Please. You're being naive. DC has had repeated run ins with the law due to his drinking. It doesn't take an expert to know that he's loaded in this interview. He was slurring his words, and yes, his attitude was not pleasant going into it. That "I'm fine" at the beginning is nothing more than a gritted teeth answer. If you choose to see different that's up to you.

You're first 2 sentences are spot on. But I know that for alcoholics, 99% of problems start because of drinking. Divorce, bankruptcy...yes sober people go through it also, but somebody who's run up against the law numerous times because of his drinking is not able to control it, and in his case, that for sure is at the root of things that have blown up in his life. The man was required to do a stint in rehab after his last arrest. But he obviously didn't take it seriously, and until he does, bad **** is going to keep on happening to him.

I'm sure he has more than a few folks in his life like you that tell give him empathy and support when the bad stuff happens. It would be a good thing for him if he made new ones that provided no empathy to him until he chooses to help himself.

heatherly and milankey like this.
  14. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

At the moment? He's had 3 DUI arrests since 2010.

15. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I am a big Cassidy fan with all the PF albums, several of his solo albums, the complete PF DVD set and I saw him live a few years ago.

And seeing the shape he was in when he knew he was doing a TV interview was disturbing and suggests serious problems.

16. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

He has also had a meltdown or two on stage in the last few years, and blamed it on perscription meds and food reactions.

He is having a tough time for sure. But once he sobers up if he ever does, his financial problems and orther concerns are still going to be there and are going to feel even worse before they feel better.

He needs better management after seeing that awful interview. But I feel for him and am not thinking he deserves to suffer because he is still drinking. Because the suffering is not going to end when he's sober which I've said already. Life just keeps on dealing stuff at you, that's the breaks clean and dry or not. Same for all of us.

17. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

He is on a tough situation because it will take a good long track record of reliability before promoters will really think they can bank on him again. It is a shame how much of the good will he once had has been squandered.

I would take my kids to see him if he came through town again, but would get seats far enough away that it wasn't quite so apparent to them how much he has changed since he was Keith.

18. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

19. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Personally I am way more troubled by his issues with alcoholism and drunk driving and apparently being completely out of touch with reality based on that interview than with his behavior at autograph events.

20. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I completely disagree with you. What a period of sobriety will do for him is make him feel good. Right now, I'm assuming that when he wakes up in the morning he feels like ****, and needs a drink or 3 just to feel normal. Then it's all downhill from there. When you're in that condition, things actually seem worse than they are, and you have no way to take care of the situation because of your severely weakened mental state. But once he dries out and get some sobriety under his belt, he'll start to feel better about himself, and in more control. He's already filed for bankruptcy, and he's getting divorced, so really the slate will be wiped clean again. So that he can concentrate on his sobriety, on getting better, healthier. Once that happens, good things do follow.

What he really needs is somebody in his corner that will watch out for him, that he trusts, that will help him stay clean.

21. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

We do it with "trash," don't we?

22. Carl Swanson

. . . and how many times has he not been caught? He's going to kill someone.

sberger likes this.
  23. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

Not relevant, really.

Can we hear from an actual Brit?

24. Carl Swanson

Nice dismissive tone you have there. Take long to develop it?

25. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Nail.On.The.Head.

While no one is going to say it's OK for an alcoholic to drive, even after only a couple of drinks, I'm disturbed by the whole way the episode went down: failing to dim your brights is reasonable cause for a stop? Sheesh. What's next?

"Not a lot of people drive on this road, so I stopped you."

"Not a lot of people drive your car's make and model in that color, so I stopped you."

"I noticed your tags are all up to date and clearly visible, so I stopped you."

Feel free to make your own contribution.

It seems like driving a properly registered and maintained vehicle on any public road in the US is reasonable cause for stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.