Gotham-Batman Prequel Series on Fox, Fall 2014

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

They are pulling no punches this season.

Alfred remains my favorite character, and I like that they are drawing Lucious Fox into the Bruce/Alfred orbit. And I love that they played the John Coltrane/Duke Ellington "In A Sentimental Mood" in the bar scene.

2. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Another great episode.

Joker is really kicking it up a notch....

Coricama and bababooey like this.
  3. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Last night's episode was fantastic and would seem to show how dark and grisly things become. Cameron Monaghan's Jerome is pure evil insanity.

4. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I wish he would get to say ; This town , needs a enema ;

5. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I think he's channelling Mark Hamill and Nicholson....Mark did the Joker voice on Batman Animated Series, and the new guy is using some of the same vocal inflections, and some of the animated character's poses.

6. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

That scene was filmed in one of the bars I frequent- Campbell Apartment in Grand Central Station.

Mazzy likes this.
  7. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Last episode took a hell of a turn.

8. ascot

ascot Senior Member

I feel like we all got trolled, but I love it. The season is off to a great start. :)

Mazzy likes this.
  9. musicalbeds

Interesting end to the Jerome saga......I'm glad he won't be centre stage regularly, I'd have tired of that easily.

10. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Barbara is so much better as a villain...

11. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Oh, man, yes. My wife and I both thought she was AWFUL last season, and hated her character. Now that she's a baddy, she's great!

I knew something was wrong when Erin Richards was cast as a good person in season one - something was just...off. Now we all know the real reason they cast her in that role.

12. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

This season is excellent so far. I think Sean Pertwee might be the best Alfred ever. He's defining the character for me, much as Heath Ledger did with the Joker. I thought the guy playing Jerome did a hell of a job, and the idea that he's maybe not the Joker but is inspiring many more "Jokers" is brilliant. It's such a fresh take on a well worn story.

Shawn, Lonson and Mazzy like this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Doh! I definitely didn't see that coming... proving that the producers are willing to lead us in the wrong direction and kill almost any character they want. When you think about it, nobody but Alfred, Bruce, and Jim Gordon will survive to see the emergence of Batman. I'm sad, because Cameron Monaghan is a helluva actor and did a fantastic job as the psycho kid.

Comments from the producers on what this means for the future of The Joker...

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/gotham-jerome-dead-joker-last-laugh-season-2-1201610773/

14. Mirrorblade.1

Something tells me he's dead but that eery voice it is going to do something with him
    The one rounded up all the criminals does works with chemicals.

15. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

My wife pointed out to me that the Joker was one of the kids on Desperate Housewives. Completely passed me by.

16. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Nah, I think there are a lot more "safe" characters than that. Bear in mind we were all assuming Jerome was the Joker, and he clearly wasn't. That's just misdirection, and not offing the actual canon character. Here's the list of characters that have been introduced so far that are not in any danger of dying (in my opinion):

- Bruce Wayne
    - Alfred Pennyworth
    - Lucius Fox
    - Jim Gordon
    - Harvey Bullock
    - Oswald Cobblepot
    - Selina Kyle
    - Leslie Thompkins
    - Renee Montoya

And of course, any key future villains introduced are also "safe."

17. Mirrorblade.1

Bet me, did you here that voice in coroners room staring at Jerome.
    The one you killed Jerome has chemical company.
    And he might chemist all was said before hand.
    Can't see that smile when he died.

18. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Edward Nigma and Harvey Dent as well.

jriems likes this.
  19. silat

silat Forum Resident

Do not forget that Cameron was one of the bright lights on Shameless.

20. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Strange last episode. Went off on a very campy direction and then went back to normal. The Theo Galavan character kills me because the acting is incredibly terrible.

21. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Cool to see Michael Chikless added to the show BUT....I'm really hating that 'elite' cop squad concept. I'm hoping they remain minor players in the series. I'm forgetting the name of the actor that's playing Gavalan, but he's appeared in quite a few projects recently. I think he's a great actor who's purposely hamming up this role, just like every other bad guy in the show.

22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

There ain't no way the Strike Force (loved it when Chiklis said that it had a "nice ring to it") is going to make a dent in Gotham City's demise. They may get some victories, but it's not going to stop the coming onslaught of baddies. I also like Galavan's portrayal - acting is fine as far as I'm concerned!

musicalbeds likes this.
  23. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I have to say, I love the direction Cory Michael Smith is taking Nygma. The dual personality is really well done, in my opinion.

Vidiot likes this.
  24. musicalbeds

I like the actor playing Galavan... we known him from The Tudors as Thomas Cromwell.

25. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

I was a fan last year but I left the fold this year. I guess my tastes have changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.