Roger Waters The Wall Live - Official Release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

If ever an album deserved to be released in a special brickwall mastered edition this is it

2. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Hah! Aside from the glaringly obvious Floyd 80/81 footage and Alan Parker film which is on the WANT list but may or may not make it onto the SDE, I'm wondering what else there might be?
    • A behind the scenes documentary on the tour and RWTW film?
    • Video+audio purely of the wall projection footage from the tour? (Similar to the Mr Screen films on the Dark Side and Wish Immersion sets).
    • Inclusive CDs and/or download code for the audio?
    The Wall Immersion set covered just about everything off from a Floyd live audio and original album point of view.

3. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

That would be excellent, I would love that.

4. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

I love The Wall as much as the next guy, but could it be possible that Roger Waters has bled this album/project to death? How many more contexts can this album be put through? Every two or three years this guy dreams up a new way of releasing this album.

Carserguev likes this.
  5. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

The next will be the Original London Cast Recording. No joke.

6. DVEric

Oh my. At some point soon, everyone on earth will have bought this album twice or more. How many times can you ask fans to re-buy The Wall concept before it becomes parody?

7. Fletcher MH

Fletcher MH Forum Resident

No he didn't. He toured with The Wall for a couple of years but has not released any 'new' versions for years as far as I know. Am quite content there's finally some live recordings released.

8. rontoon

In the past we have seen the release of:
    The original album
    Live in Berlin (audio and video)
    The 1994 remaster
    Is There Anybody Out There?
    The Discovery Edition
    The Experience Edition
    The Immersion Box

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  9. AWESOM-O

AWESOM-O Forum Resident

Would love for it to include 80/81 footage but don't see it happening as, aside from the snippet in the concert, it's more or less seen as in the past and not wholly a part of the newer context. But, boy do I want to be wrong. More likely a package deal with the Blu-ray (I haven't preordered yet so would be nice), or maybe even a multichannel mix if such a thing was thought about. In any event, expectations are low (but my my darn hopefulness is high...)

10. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

Blu Ray audio or SACD plesse!

TimGoodwin and mestreech like this.
  11. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

12. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I have a sneaking suspicion the superdeluxe edition will be audio plus video with a fancy box or trinket. I doubt there will be extra content.

13. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

My thoughts as well - a hard cover book with film (DVD/Blu) and soundtrack (CD/LP). Maybe a scarf and some marbles too.... :)

I preordered the deluxe Bluray set from Amazon for little over $20. While its great to get the Gilmour performance on disc 2, he should've really offered the complete concert as well without the documentary. The film bits start getting bit annoying on repeated viewings.

14. rontoon

It's not being announced until next week. I have a feeling it will just include the LPs.

15. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Plus the Live in Berlin remaster...

16. kayley10

kayley10 Forum Resident

What is the Origina London Cast Recording???

17. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

The cast recording for Roger's much talked about (possible) forthcoming Broadway/West End stage version.

18. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

19. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

His goal is to ultimately mount a show in which roadies cart out one by one each version of the wall he has released and pile them up on the stage until he is entirely blocked from the view of the audience.

20. kwf

kwf Forum Resident

I've bought it three times so far: the regular 90's CD, The Wall Live In Berlin and Is There Anybody Out There....

21. kayley10

kayley10 Forum Resident

Is that every going to even happen???

22. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

A lot of Roger Waters pessimism here. If you don't want it, don't enter into it. Go and wax lyrical about Gilmour's "Rattle that lock" album in all its mediocrity.

Personally the tour of "The Wall" was probably the last biggest rock show of its type, ever. And I am glad its getting a film/Blu-Ray release as it will be a handy souvenir of going to the O2 in London to see it.

Roger is 72 years of age. Ask yourself, what other live rock show will be as big and as-ambitious as The Wall after this? If you know of one, please post back.

23. DVEric

Same here, plus all the vinyl versions. Instead of questioning Roger Waters, maybe I should start questioning my own sanity -- :agree:

24. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

No idea. Is the narrative and music of The Wall, even in it's war condemning modern form sufficient to carry a Broadway show without any of the original band being on stage with it? Not sure personally. As much as I'd happily go and see a stage production of it, I'm not sure that enough people would en masse.

That said I live in a world where We Will Rock You is still a thing so treat my opinion on these matters accordingly.

LivingForever likes this.
  25. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Several Pink Floyd releases , not Waters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.