Grateful Dead Live Compilation "30 Trips Around the Sun" *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bluej, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

The scroll is like this but better. https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/60257224

Good luck with the travel/delivery as the box delay saved my bacon. I'm sure UPS can hold it for you.

jamesmaya likes this.
  2. madpanic

madpanic Forum Resident

That's really odd. I just signed up for an account and then there was a "Click here for My Choice" and I checked a box agreeing to the My Choice agreement and there I was. I'm not sure where the access code would come in there. I didn't get an email that I had to respond to to verify or anything, it was all done on the UPS site. Hmmm.

Archtop likes this.
  3. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

The delivery is not the problem - my wife can take the package - but the box will just be sitting here for the week. So near yet so far. (It would have been great to take the book w me while traveling.)

And the shipping carton is very cool. E'72 was shipped in a custom carton, but everything since - Spring 90, May 77, Spring 90 TOO - has had a custom carton w related graphics. Pretty classy.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    bmoregnr likes this.
  4. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

I did that and it indicates no deliveries associated with this address. I am in Nevada. WTF ?!

5. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

It didn't ask me for an access code. When I finished signing up it took me to a page with two tabs. I flipped from one tab to the other and there was the tracking information.

Archtop likes this.
  6. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

Well, I logged on again and it was easy. Must have been a case of user error. Thanks for the replies. Scheduled for Monday, but I've seen that mean anything from Saturday to Wednesday.

madpanic likes this.
  7. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

I also signed up with UPS.
    As far as the access code, options to receive were by text or e-mail. I selected "text" and within a second I got a text with the code. I typed it in and I was good to go.
    Tracking shows mine arriving Tuesday!

8. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

When you guys were on UPS, did you see anything on the delivery planner calendar? Because all the dates are blank on mine.

9. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

Okay, never mind! My UPS address was set to my old address in Michigan. After I changed it to my current address in Hawaii, I got a tracking number. Delivery scheduled for Wednesday!

saundr00 and madpanic like this.
  10. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

My calendar showed Tuesday delivery from Warner Music Group.

Erik B. likes this.
  11. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Shipping notification/discussion posts: the La Brea Tar Pits of any thread discussing any highly anticipated new release.

12. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

Right. Saturday, Monday, or possibly never. And they stand by that.

13. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Why no shipping notification from Dead.net? Is it because it's Dead.net?

MonkeyMan likes this.
  14. DrLunchbox

DrLunchbox Forum Deadhead #1604

I logged into my UPS account and mine should be in the Denver metro area on Monday. huzzah!

15. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

UPS website says my set will be delivered TODAY!!!!!! :pineapple::goodie::wiggle:

ducksdeluxe and budwhite like this.
  16. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Have you cancled your weekend plans?

17. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

It's time for the resentment post! Brought to you by (who else could it be?) Post.
    [​IMG]
    Post, helps you to get your whataboutism going!

I've read some anxious words written by members of this forum who are receiving their Grateful Dead 50th Anniversary Box (known in trade as "the port crusher") next week, and in some cases, today (maybe right now, while I'm typing). It seems they are in such a strong anxiety frenzy that they are afraid of the possiblity of not surviving long enough to witness the succesful delivery of their package by the strong postmen of UPS. What's left for a poor South American boy like me to do, then? You puny first-world spoiled mommy's boys! I will have to wait for a bleeding entire month, at least, if I'm lucky enough to get through all the exruciating presidential election campaign, because, in case you didn't know, we have elections here, and we have to choose who's going to be the next criminal that will systematically rob us for the next four years. Anxious? Are you feeling anxious? You don't know the first thing about anxiety! Standing on a endless queue praying for the evil customs men to let you have the box you've legally paid for. That's anxiety, and not sitting on your comfy rocking chairs waiting for your smiling postman to come while picking your banjos and sipping sarsaparilla! So, next time, think about how lucky you are.

Joking aside, I'm glad these boxes are finally reaching their happy homes. I hope mine is on its way (to be honest, I'm not expecting any shipping notice from dead.net, I guess they are too busy right now). The set looks great, so thanks to all of those who posted pictures, particularly to @bmoregnr, who sent me a nice illustrative picture (those that should have been provided by the Grateful Dead staff!) of the CD sleeves and the scroll. The liner notes included on each cardboard sleeve are the same featured in the book. I was expecting more by different Dead scholars but, well, we have tons of music to enjoy, and that's the vital thing. The port crusher is kind of expensive when I compare it to my beloved steamer trunk, but it's still a nice way to celebrate this special anniversary for the band.

Thank you all for your precious time! :wave:

18. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

Yes... They still have a few slacker dedhedz working there.

Jerry Horne and budwhite like this.
  19. B-Mike

B-Mike Forum Resident

Happy ripping everyone.

ruben lopez and budwhite like this.
  20. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Really enjoying seeing the pics of this set. I'm somewhat having 2nd thoughts about not ordering this set now, but the $700 price tag just really wasn't in the cards for my budget and there's maybe only 10 shows that I'd really want to have and then maybe a handful more that I'd want to hear. It does look like a great package though.

21. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

Of course. :edthumbs:

budwhite likes this.
  22. Jerry Horne

Sell the ones you don't want. I plan to do that on this very forum.

John Bonham likes this.
  23. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

So jealous of you guys. Would've loved to have this set. Good listening to all!

24. Turmatic

Turmatic Forum Resident

25. Jerry Horne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.