Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I believe someone here had an inside tip that Flaming Pie would be after Flowers In The Dirt.

Nerktwin and theMess like this.
  2. Thrillsville

Thrillsville Forum Resident

The exception being Wings Over America. That was always listed on the back of the booklets as "Still Available" (along with All The Best, Tripping The Live Fantastic, Tripping Highlights, CHOBA B CCCP and Off The Ground).

JimC likes this.
  3. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb RĂ©sident du forum

I haven't sent it back yet, maybe I will! :evil:

theMess likes this.
  4. PhilipB

PhilipB Forum Resident

Now that someone has mentioned Broad Street as a possible deluxe release, this is the perfect opportunity to wonder which of the dance remixes of NMLN we'll get ;) My favourite is the 'special dance edit'.

theMess likes this.
  5. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I have a similar theory. Not too long ago, Paul had a few albums quietly reissued under the Hear Music Moniker. It is my theory that he was reissuing his in-print albums under the new label, simply to replace the non-Hear Music versions. I wouldn't be surprised if we did get post 1993 albums under the McCartney Archive. Especially such special albums like Flaming Pie and Chaos (and for Arnie's sake, hopefully a Driving Rain mega box).

Drewzel and theMess like this.
  6. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb RĂ©sident du forum

Oh dear, two on disc one + 5 on disc two... :hurlleft:

Actually, I'd include the Special Dance Mix, but the Playout Version Edit is my favorite - because it's short...

Sean, theMess and PhilipB like this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

As long as it's shaped like a full-length coffin, it'll be a perfect fit for me in hopefully 2099. ... ;)

Sean, theMess and Johnny Reb like this.
  8. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I absolutely love the playout version of NMLN and I know I would like the dance mixes as well, and I hope they are long!

ConnieGuitar, Pizza and PhilipB like this.
  9. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

You can hum 'Your Loving Flame' whilst being cremated in it. :D

10. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

I've really been enjoying Flowers In The Dirt.

I love the guitar riff on the intro to "Figure of Eight"

"Rough Ride" is excellent.

"My Brave Face" is rockin'

11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Hey, don't forget (Paul) to give us more Tote bags with the future Archive releases!

theMess likes this.
  12. Beatlemania 22

Beatlemania 22 Forum Resident

I just got the 2 disc japanese edition and it's great, the bonus disc seems incomplete though, I think that the second disc would be a good base for the 2016 release along with other tracks that aren't on here (Flying To My Home, I Wanna Cry, The First Stone, Good Sign etc.).

Johnny Reb likes this.
  13. Ed59

Ed59 Forum Resident

I'm among those supporting the Archive treatment for FITD. My first reaction when I heard about it was "I thought the Archive Collection was designed to reintroduce his older material." Then it occurred to me that FITD is 26 years old (damn-that means I'M getting old)! Put another way, that's the same amount time that passed between "Please Please Me" and FITD.

Secondly, this is an album that would benefit from some remixing to slightly tone down the 80's ambience of some of the tracks.

Thirdly, the album has some great b-sides and unreleased tracks (as others have mentioned). I would love to have those McCartney/Costello demos as part of an official release.

Finally, the album is still an undiscovered gem for many since it wasn't able to crack the top 20 in the U.S. and represented McCartney's final Billboard top-30 singles appearance (at least until he started hanging out with Kanye). It would be nice to remind folks he has actually produced some good work since Wings and falling out of favor on the charts.

14. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

I mean, I know the dates and talk about them in Beatles-related conversation all the time, but when you put it that way...it makes my head spin a bit.

1989 was LONG time ago!

Paul H and theMess like this.
  15. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

It's been a bit quiet around here now. All the buzz is in the TOW and POP thread.

theMess likes this.
  16. lavalamp3

lavalamp3 Forum Resident

And how about this one: In just a few months time it will have been a longer period since John's death to now, than John's death to the end of World War 2! Sea Of Time indeed....very soon we'll all be disappearing up our own existence!!

17. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

:yikes:

18. freddiebell

freddiebell Forum Resident

All good. But, as a reminder, step lightly with "Motor of Love." Rumor has it that there is some difference of opinion on that one. :wantsome:

theMess likes this.
  19. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident

As long as they release a deluxe version of Back to the Egg so I can stop this buying madness, I'll be happy!

longdist01 likes this.
  20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm starting to worry we won't get the rest of the 70s albums. I would've thought that they would've done pairs of "WL"/"RRS" and "LT"/"BTTE" before they moved onto the 80s, but obviously that's not the case - and apparently the next release will just be the one album.

This doesn't inspire me with confidence that the rest of the 70s will be done.. :sigh:

21. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I find it hard to believe for one reason: Live and Let Die. I just refuse to believe that he'll wrap up this endeavor without issuing a set that contains his (arguably) most notable solo song.

As it stands now, you cannot buy a Paul McCartney CD with Live and Let Die on it, and I can't believe that's part of the plan.

22. Boris number 9

Boris number 9 Forum Resident

Who is talking about a deluxe Broad street? That's one of his worst albums with only 3 new songs on it

23. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

After "Flowers in the Dirt" Archive release, get "Back to the Egg & Red Rose Speedway" done, yeah one day work on "Wild Life" getting done too!!

24. freddiebell

freddiebell Forum Resident

The other side of the coin is that if McCartney particularly wanted "Live and Let Die" available, it would have come out by now. Perhaps in the overall scope of his canon he sees it as just one song of many worthy ones. And, much as I hate to say it, maybe putting it out there as an archival release isn't as important to him as it is to us. :(

25. Boris number 9

Boris number 9 Forum Resident

Wasn't live & let die included on the greatest hits albums & one of the previous RR Speedway rereleases? And the Live And Let Die soundtrack album and some of the Live albums?