Original Zombies Touring O&O In The US

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bRETT, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbins_Grave

Harbins_Grave Untitled Original 11383

I went to the Boston show at the Wilbur on Sunday and I agree with the previous posters that this was not a show to miss! The O & O portion of the show was worth the price of admission alone - it was really inspiring to see them presenting the songs as authentically as possible - and they seemed to be enjoying themselves almost as much as those of us in attendance!

action pact and psychtrailmix like this.
  2. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

What a fantastic evening last night! Albeit we didn't get any impromptu performances from Rod & Colin, (as they had done so together earlier in the day at WFUV for Fordham University), it was a pleasure hearing Rod & Colin share their history with a very small intimate audience. And.. they gave out free copies of the new album Still Got That Hunger signed! and did a meet and greet after it! I brought my Dad with me. We were the first two in line. I told them both how much I enjoyed their previous album Breathe Out, Breathe In which both piqued their interest and thanked me for supporting them! Now.. If I could only find a ticket for Friday's concert! I have the pic on my phone. I'll upload it to the thread later!

Here is the interview: http://www.aol.com/build/519126665/

edenofflowers likes this.
  3. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

As indicated earlier... Here are some pictures from last night. Took my Dad (61) with me.. who can remember the Brooklyn Fox venue as they discussed last night and is featured in their new song 'New York' from the new album. Gave it two spins on the way to and from work today. I think it's better than their last one Breathe Out, Breathe In. Every guest received the new album pre-signed by Rod & Colin. These guys rock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BadJack, mds and RonBaker like this.
  4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Looking forward to Saturday! Thanks everyone

5. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

I see them next Thursday...can't wait! My favorite song of theirs is "I Love You". It will be an absolute thrill to hear them play it live!

6. gates69

gates69 Music Junkie

Seeing them on the 17th. I can't wait!

Tingman likes this.
  7. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Just got back from the DC show... Sensational! The Odyssey & Oracle part is worth the price of admission alone. Couldn't believe how good these guys still sound - not least vocally.

Seeing Chris White doing all his orginal bass lines and harmonies, as well as his lead vocal parts... It's no wonder he got the longest round of applause during introductions.

Audience also seemed to know the album inside out. "This Will Be Our Year" got a bigger reception than the classic rock staple "Hold Your Head Up" in the first set! I guess the album is now a bona fide classic.

Everyone still on the fence should definitely go. This is every bit as good as Arthur Lee doing the entire Forever Changes album - perhaps even better, as you have more of the originals involved (Chris White = Bryan MacLean).

8. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I'm surprised Can't Nobody Love You isn't in the set. Seen them a handful of times recently and that song was always in and early in the set...usually the 2nd song. They come within driving distance...I'M THERE. Love this band.

9. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

It is. Second song, as you say.

10. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

Was also at the DC show. Sound and lighting were not very good, but the band was amazing. They played five songs from the new album, and they were all very good. Bought an autographed copy, will listen during my commute on Friday. I hope it's good, but then again "Breathe Out, Breathe In" was better live than the album version, so who knows? Fingers crossed, I'd love to see this be a success.

11. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

Anyone going to the NYC show tonight?

12. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Yep

13. somnar

somnar Senior Member

Yes.

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Still a lot of tickets available to their Saturday show in CT, for anyone who missed them in the Boston area...

15. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

Not Saturday, but Tuesday the 13th at the Ridgefield Playhouse.

16. MTP20

MTP20 Forum Resident

Do they have a horn section for the O&O portion?

17. Confuseacat

Confuseacat Forum Resident

I was also at the DC show last night, and it was fantastic. Although I have to wonder what was going on with the lighting; Colin was singing in darkness at times. And there was a strange moment when a woman in the audience loudly complained about not wanting to hear any more new songs. She wanted to hear "hit after hit". Colin handled it smoothly, joking that his mother was in attendance.

groundharp likes this.
  18. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Hmm, I interpreted that incident differently. I thought she wanted them to stand still for a while so she could take a good picture - basically to pose. It looked like she came up from further back for that express purpose. That's why Colin joked she was his mother (i.e. proud mother wanting to get the perfect picture). And the woman definitely snapped some photos. In any case, it was a weird interaction.

19. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

She seemed pretty drunk.
    The Zombies were fantastic.
    Go see them if you get the chance.
    This isn't going to happen again!

20. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

No

21. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

Chris and Hugh came out on stage after the show in DC and signed a bunch of stuff.

Bill likes this.
  22. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

2 digital mellotrons - one for Rod, one for Darrien.

23. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Never saw this vintage clip before!

24. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Wright likes this.
  25. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.