Heroes Reborn

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amoergosum, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

This week's episode wasn't very thrilling or satisfying. This show is actually shaping up to be worse than the worst of the previous seasons in my estimation. I think it's mostly that the cinematography is quite mundane and boring in comparison to the previous show's, as is the music. These two elements have cheapened and dampened the show. I'm still watching, but I'm becoming disappointed.

amoergosum likes this.
  2. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

I feel the same way. It's definitely worse than any of the previous seasons. By the way...the bearded guy did it again in the latest episode...I can't believe how awful his performance is.
    Major casting fail.

3. Steve Carras

Steve Carras Golden Retriever

NOT without Hayden Pannetiere, Ali Larter or Kristen Bell they don't!

4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

It feels more like Heroes Re-bored then Reborn to me. I'll be surprised if I hang on for the rest of the season but I'll give it a go.

amoergosum and shokhead like this.
  5. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Jesus, 2 shows in and the critic's pounce like a pack of Jackal's. It's confusing. Any more than "LOST" was confusing? I felt like I wasted 3 years of my life watching that show. Give it some time or hey better yet, maybe some of you would be great writers or producers who KNOW what makes a great show. Go do it.

6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Thing is, no one was screaming for this show to return. The original run ended in tatters and so if they really wanted to bring it back, you'd think that the producers would have had some kind of super awesome reason to bring it back. But it doesn't appear to be so from what I've read.

shokhead and amoergosum like this.
  7. Lonson

I'm with you. This is not at all confusing if you pay attention, I don't see that criticism, nor do I see the need to have everything spoonfed with simple sugar on top. What this new incarnation lacks is cinematic and directorial vision, innovation and panache. The former Heroes had that. This one does not, and really suffers from it.

8. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I'm one of those who dropped out sometime during the second year of the original 'Heroes' series. I was intrigued enough by the premiere episode of 'Reborn' to decide to watch for the rest of this season, anyways. However, they do seem to be repeating one of the mistakes of the original series - which was that everyone eventually seems to have some kind of extraordinary power ... everyone. SHOWRUNNERS, PLEASE STOP DOING THAT! There's nothing exceptional about an individual if he or she has super powers just like everyone else does. Establish a small group of interesting, main characters [and interesting villains], send them on a mission or journey, let them succeed or fail.

And like many other series, due to the basic premise of the this show, the show demands some kind of, if not closure, at least progress to satisfy the viewers, with every season if not every episode. I don't want to feel cheated that after a whole season I'm left the feeling that nothing really significant has happened, nothing significant has been really resolved - just more of the same - more people realizing that they have a super power.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Vidiot and eddiel like this.
  9. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Super hero shows [and films] are all the rage. NBC owned the show already.

It actually could work out if the people behind the show don't screw it up, again. I'm hoping that they learnt from their mistakes.

10. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Oops...should be a "than" rather than a "then" in that sentence. Mrs McCarthy, my gradeschool teacher, would most certainly take away my Most Improved Student Award if she had read that.

11. amoergosum

Heroes Reborn is a huge disappointment.
    Heroes season 2-4 feel like masterpieces compared to Heroes Reborn.

12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I don't consider it a huge disappointment, as I didn't have super high expectations. I am surprised that they bothered to bring it back at all with something this weak, though.

13. Lonson

And how interesting that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has come back with just about the same plotline. And not doing any better with it i.m.o.

Several wasted opportunities. I'll keep watching Heroes Reborn for the heck of it. .. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I may drop, it's just sillier (which is saying quite a bit).

14. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Pretty much the same here. I've missed an episode (the 2nd one I think) and don't think I really missed much at all. Not a show that has made my DVR list.

15. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

I was considering stopping after the first episode but decided to stick it out for another show or two. I'm glad I did as it has gotten better IMHO.

16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I dropped Agents of SHIELD after season 2 and and trying to stick it out with Heroes Rebored but it's really trying my patience. It's just not interesting and I don't care about any of the characters.

shokhead likes this.
  17. Lonson

I can't argue with you there. . . and on top of that the cinematography, graphics and music are all just uninteresting, which I could not say for the initial four seasons. . . even when the storyline seemed a bit off or the characters less interesting then at least the filming and presentation were innovative.

amoergosum likes this.
  18. Lonson

I sure want to like this more than I do, and I really feel the bland filming and direction are what ails it most, sets it apart from its preceding seasons which at least had that going for it.

Funny, I wonder if when Stan Lee and Jack Kirby put together the X-Men more than fifty years ago they could have believed how influential the concept of groups of "mutants" would be for comic book TV. I mean Heroes. . . "people with extra powers". . . this season S.H.I.E.L.D. is basically the same with "inhumans" and a company or two trying to capture them. . . even The Flash and to a lesser extent Arrow are using this theme, calling them "metahumans". . . Flash even has a scientist in a wheelchair as a major character (even if he is really faking it).

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Metahumans... inhumans... mutants... eh, they're all a buncha weirdos.

20. Lonson

Yeah. I guess I'd rather watch weirdos than normal peeps on tv!

21. amoergosum

I'm still amazed by how awful this show is...

Best moment of Heroes Reborn so far >>>
    when they killed off the overacting super annoying bearded guy

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  22. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Yeah, the show is pretty boring. Probably the last run of 'Heroes.' already reaching "hate watch" status.

amoergosum likes this.
  23. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

I've been binge-watching this season's episodes using the NBC app(which is horrible BTW) because I keep missing its air time. I didn't expect a return of the 1st season magic but something better than 2nd season. I'm getting neither from what I watched so far. If this series becomes a regular, will we get a new variation of the tired "save the _______, save the world" plot? Again, new characters with powers pop up then suddenly fade away and new, kind of silly, powers. I'll stick it out to see where it all goes.

24. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

He's back. The last two episodes have been MUCH better. The plot thickens.

25. amoergosum

Damn it...

Lownote30 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.