Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Z Nation already did that.....

2. That's a fun one! Also titled Zombi 2.

3. subzro

subzro Forum Resident

C:\>probably next summer but nobody knows yet.exe

Bryan and Rufus McDufus like this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

OK, thanks...

subzro likes this.
  5. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

The dead don't need to swim.

guy incognito likes this.
  6. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

So, "Fear the Floating Dead," then? I'm shaking.

7. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

I was entertained, looking forward to more. The only thing I wished for was more time in the city . . I was excited to get out of the woods for a change, I wish they had kept the action in downtown LA.

vegafleet likes this.
  8. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I don't think their budget allows for this, which is why I was puzzled at their decision to set it in LA in the first place.

maxnix and jriems like this.
  9. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Better final episode, though I liked the second to last one too.

My positive takeaways from the season:

(1) I actually like the junky character. Yes, he looks like JD from Benny and Joon, but I think he presents any interesting character from a development standpoint.

(2) I think the black rich guy is going to be pivotal. Having a guy who can sell an eskimo ice would be helpful in TWD universe I think.

(3) I like the cute daughter (but maybe that's just because she's cute idk), for some reason I think she has potential.

(4) Although I wish it was a little more in depth I liked the military doctor character arc (short as it was). I initially thought she was just going to be some kind of say yes bad gov't dr. In the end, I think she really cared for her patients -- as demonstrated by her willingness to kill them humanely knowing what there true fate would soon be.

Negative takeaways:

(1) Too slow. I don't mind a character driven episode. In fact one of my favorite episodes from the TWD is The Grove . In FTWD the character scenes were either cheezy (dress up with cute girl and boy) or simply unbelievable (hey, how about a family game of monopoly while the world collapses).

(2) I wish we saw more of the collapse of a huge city and its civilization. I think this was primarily budget based, but if that's true then don't set your zombie apoc show in a huge freakin city. I also wish we same more stuff from media / gov't / etc. In the TWD we dont' get that because we arrive to the scene late when we wake up with Rick ... but there is really no excuse here.

(3) Few compelling characters and the potential main characters, imho, are really bad. I do not like the main husband and wife combo at all and although Reuben Blades' character adds some nice kick ass he doesn't seem complex enough to me (at least yet). I do like the kids, for the most part, and the newest character could be great.

(4) I'm just generally concerned about the quality of the writing and hope that the next season it improves.

I will definitely continue to watch as I love end of the world scenarios. If I wasn't an apocalyptic junky I would probably have less tolerance for some of the show's weaknesses.

10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Shock Waves, another underwater Zombie movie.... with Nazis!

[​IMG]

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Since this is what we're expecting, I bet they kill him half way through the first episode next year.

12. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Actually, THAT'S what we're expecting. :p

13. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

Much like TWD made us listen to Beth sing to promote her singing career, I am hoping the boat is used to promote the cute daughter's bikini career. Zombie apocalypse or not, you gotta get a tan.

14. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

She did appear to use the breakdown of society as an excuse to start wearing the shortest shorts possible.

mattdm11 likes this.
  15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

[QUcomeTE="misterdecibel, post: 13144022, member: 22371"]She did appear to use the breakdown of society as an excuse to start wearing the shortest shorts possible.[/QUOTE]
    Oh c ome on, they can be just a tad more

16. Michael

and they s
    and they sure don't need to eat, but they do...

guy incognito and dead of night like this.
  17. Michael

I'll take the bikini over the Beth drone any day!

nbakid2000 and trem two like this.
  18. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

I'll take Beth in a bikini too. :)

19. Michael

you can have her!

20. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Catching up on the dvr with this. One more episode to go.

So you're saying none of the flashes were morse code or signals, all of them were gunshots? My take was someone was signaling, and thanks to our guys for alerting the military they went and killed whoever was left in the house

Also I agree this show isn't grabbing me. It's not outright awful but I'm only watching it because it gives my wife and I something to watch together (she likes horror stuff more than me)

21. I recently watched Night of the Living Dead and noticed how effective it was for the characters to be watching the news to learn what was going on in the world. If characters in 1968 would think to use a tv, I find it implausible how the characters in Fear didn't use the Internet, smart phone, etc. to learn what was happening / see the collapse of their own city.

22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

This was my take as well.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  23. Michael

FTWD is more in tune than TWD IMO...TWD is becoming Lost...

24. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Cell phone towers went down early on , no internet or television as well it seems ,
    power was sporadically on

Hawklord likes this.
  25. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

That's why they won't be able to use it next season. :laugh: