"See Yourself" off of George's Thirty Three & 1/3, great song? I think so.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wavethatflag, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing. Thread Starter

I heard this for the first time today. As a music buff, I find it amazing that today in the car was the first time I'd heard this track. Great lyrics, great tune. Agree?

You know, I think I'm finding George's solo work far more consistent than Macca's. Paul had higher highs (arguably anyway, and definitely, I would guess, in terms of chart success) but also had much lower lows than George.

(Eek. I just started a Beatles thread).

Gramps Tom likes this.
  2. mikaal

mikaal Sociopathic Nice Guy

Great song. Great album. Great man.
    Another in the same vein is "It's What You Value " from the follow up album "George Harrison ".

Gramps Tom, Muzyck and wavethatflag like this.
  3. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

I think it's crazy that this song dated back to 1967, but the more you listen, the more it sounds like George's songs from that era.

4. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

That song's also from 33+1/3, not GH, though I won't disagree with your assessments. :)

Gramps Tom likes this.
  5. WolfSpear

WolfSpear Music Enthusiast

It's a great album overall, but I'm more fond of its successor.

6. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Yeah, I've always really enjoyed the song. And about 10 years ago I stopped killing flies and adopted various ways to usher them out of my home, and George sure knew what he was talking about. :)

7. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Oh, I don't know...Dark Horse, Extra Texture are just plain boring. I give Macca credit at least for trying something different or out there, even if he fell flat on his face. lol

Wasn't this a Beatle era track too? Written around the time of Magical Mystery Tour or Sgt. Pepper?

8. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

Good tune. I don't like the production very much but that's my complaint about a ton of George's stuff.

9. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Lot of great stuff buried in George's albums after he "jumped the shark" with Dark Horse. No one wanted to listen anymore. The "George Harrison" album is a favorite of mine. I guess it wasn't "Beatle" enough for the public at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.