The Walking Dead Season 6! Sunday October 11th 2015!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I get what they're doing with the Rick/Morgan role reversal. But after just one episode, I'm already tired of seeing Rick do something "the old Rick wouldn't have done", and then cut to Morgan (and sometimes Michonne or others) give that judgmental, disapproving look but not actually doing anything or saying anything.

Again, they can't write Rick's character with enough nuance. That goes for all the characters. Think about something like this: If Pete the doctor hadn't been a wife-beating, abusive, ranting and raving alcoholic, and instead had just been a sort of normal guy, maybe a little bit of a schlub, and then Rick went after his wife, wouldn't that be much more interesting and morally amibiguous?

Even as Rick starts to get "edgier" and do more nasty stuff, they still have to always qualify it by making whatever he's doing sort-of justified.

Mazzy and Rufus McDufus like this.
  2. Folks complained about the long slow build up with the FEAR OF characters but now I know them better (after watching that series twice now) than some of these Walking Dead Folks. Most of them have become cliches or simply dull in the background. Yes there are more hordes of Zombies but the writing so far is pretty weak.

JimC likes this.
  3. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

It's funny how they often seem to blow their budget for extras in the season premieres to show a big horde and then that's it for the season.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  4. carlygtr56

carlygtr56 Active Member

90 minutes of nothing

5. I read it was 300 extras and not 1000. The others were digitally cloned Still more than normal

6. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

I'm a reluctant fan. I'm current, but at times I hate to watch because the writing is up and down and there are times I want the whole cast to get overrun and say, "Well, that was that," and move onto channel surfing.

That said, I thought the S6 opener with it's non-linear, moving the show forward with flashback, was unique for a show that suffers from... itself. I liked the episode and thought it was the best episode since Carol had to put down Lizzie. THAT episode was a gut punch. This one was not quite the gut punch, but awesome in its foreboding.

CBC likes this.
  7. Alan1074

Alan1074 Forum Resident

I thought it was a great episode. I care about these characters. I understand why Rick is changing, and I want him and the group to thrive. I don't care about the awful characters in Fear The Boring Dead, and that's what's wrong with it to me. They're awful people, and I couldn't care less if they make it. In fact I can't believe both shows are made by the same team.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  8. I thought the final episode of Fear was far better than the first episode of TWD. Having said that it's fun to see the illusion of thousands of zombies last night in the season opener

JimC and carlygtr56 like this.
  9. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I was very happy to see my favorite cast return. My only problem with the opener was I found the flashbacks irritating. I'd rather it were a linear story.

I'm not at all excited about season 2 of FTWD.

10. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I was gonna post that last night, but figured someone else would. Thanks!

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

let the rot begin! FTWD; early Zombie to TWD; Zombie maturity...

Mazzy likes this.
  12. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Will things happen swiftly this season or will they drag on the charactars`stories?
    I wish they all turned into zombies and the remaining seasons featured walkers romaing around eating whomever was left on the planet without any hope.
    That`s horrible!How can I think something so unhappy?!:laugh:

13. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

It was certainly different, with the B&W interspersed with the color footage.

It's one of my favorite shows, and so much less boring than the dog vomit that passes for today's regular TV fare......

14. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I personally liked the B&W scenes- kind of wish they keep the whole show like that. It gave the show a very Night of the Living Dead quality.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  15. Black and white is good. They should have Woody Allen direct a special episode that takes place in New York City and shoot it all in black and white. Manhattan Zombies

16. redsmith7887

redsmith7887 Forum Resident

Do that with "call" or "right call" and you really will never see the end of an episode. I did it with "The Club" for Sons of Anarchy and still have no idea what I watched.

17. Michael

I really, really dislike FLASHBACKS! I hope they do not get LOST in this practice...

18. Michael

I disagree...but, Manhattan Zombies would be ultra cool!

Mazzy likes this.
  19. Michael

it was fun seeing Ethan Embry! wish he would have been given a regular spot...

20. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Before this season gets going too far, can I respectfully request that this thread remain spoiler free, from those who have read the comics etc? Assuming Michael as the thread starter wants that.

Thanks!

noname74 likes this.
  21. Michael

65 minutes with commercials edited out.

carlygtr56 likes this.
  22. Michael

if everyone uses SPOILERS it shouldn't be a problem.
    Text Goes Here!

23. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

24. Michael

25. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Best part was Morgan and the protein bar.

PHILLYQ and Lownote30 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.