"The Bodyguard" and "Whitney" to be re-released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lv86, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lv86

lv86 New Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

I hope it's implied that they're also going to be remastered, because "Whitney" needs some serious work done.

2. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

If they're going to be remastering these titles, I hope they find someone what knows what they're doing.

3. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Didn't it sell 20 million plus originally. Must make it possibly the biggest selling movie soundtrack of all time.

4. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Nick Lowe must be very happy

Dhreview16 likes this.
  5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Great! The more Whitney, the bette.r

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

It is the biggest soundtrack of all-time - in the US, at least, with 17 million RIAA certified sales. "Saturday Night Fever" is 2nd with 15 million...

7. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I hope Mark Wilder remasters the Whitney album. His remaster of Whitney's first album is great.

Bobby Morrow and boiledbeans like this.
  8. boiledbeans

boiledbeans Forum Resident

Yeah, I do hope that's the case. It would be a waste if they brickwalled the recordings for the modern consumer...

9. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Wonder why these never happened? Two huge selling albums that no one can be bothered to remaster and expand.:D

Even Taylor Swift couldn't match the sales of these albums today.

@Marble Index Don't forget to pick up 'Whitney'. You know it makes sense.:D

I was going to remind you of all the hit singles from the album, then I remembered it came out 2 years before you were born so you'll probably not know them.:)

Jarleboy and Marble Index like this.
  10. Marble Index

Marble Index Forum Resident

Is it really better than 'Whitney Houston'? And how does the CD's out there sound?

Jarleboy and Bobby Morrow like this.
  11. Bobby Morrow

It's probably more pop than 'Whitney Houston'. Some huge singles off this. Only one CD mastering as far as I know. Sounds OK, but there's room for improvement.:D

The following 'I'm Your Baby Tonight' album was more RnB than this.

Jarleboy likes this.
  12. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

It would be nice to get the 12 inch version of "I Wanna Dance With Somebody". BTW the ad image is not remastered - it still has the Compact Disc logo.

I was going to add it might be a long time before these projects see the light of day, given the tragedies of Ms. Houston and her daughter.

13. Marble Index

I used to see 'Whitney' all the time in these 6$ bins in record stores before I started buying her music. I occasionally still see it, and 'I'm Your Baby Tonight', but now it's always these cardboard releases, like CD singles would be packaged, with only the front and the back. :confused: I ain't buying that!

14. Bobby Morrow

Me neither. Unless they're those official Japanese MLPS.:)

I'm surprised you can't find an original version of 'Whitney' in the shops... Of course, there'll be hundreds on eBay. Should be cheap too.

15. Marble Index

I haven't actively been looking for it outside of those sale-bins though, so it's quite possible they have it for 12-13$, but now I just don't want to pay "that much" for it, when I used to see it all the time for half the price...

16. Bobby Morrow

I bet you could get a used copy for next to nothing on eBay.. That album was enormous. There must be loads of them out there. I regularly see both the LP and CD in charity shops here.

17. Marble Index

Yeah, I don't think it will be a challenge to get a hold of on eBay or Discogs. It's just that there's always something else I want more. ;)

18. colinu

I mentioned this on another thread, the 12 inch version recently became available on a couple of Sony '80s compilations.

Jarleboy likes this.
  19. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

I wonder if the deluxe edition remaster of Whitney's debut album didn't sell as well so they cancelled them?

Following Whitney's death, there was another greatest hits package released.

Jarleboy likes this.
  20. colinu

If this was the case, a label like Funkytown Grooves would license it. Where in the timeline did Bobbi Christina's passing occur?

Jarleboy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.