Pixar announces Incredibles 2 and Cars 3

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JFS3, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

The Incredibles was great.

erniebert and Vidiot like this.
  2. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I wonder if anyone at Pixar is checking out the online reaction to Cars III, it appears that no one wants this movie to be made.

Vidiot likes this.
  3. Laineycrusoe

Laineycrusoe Forum Resident

I do recall they explain why at one point (something to do with what roadrunners taste like to coyotes). I don't remember the name of the cartoon, but I remember a huge chunk of it was devoted to these two boring kids who had almost nothing to do with the story if that helps.

EDIT: Found it! Go to 18:04 and all will be explained :righton:

Back on topic…
    I thought The Incredibles was pretty good so a sequel might be worth it, but Cars 3? It has to be down to how much money the Cars series is making through the merchandising and other assorted things, surely (personally I didn't care for the first film, and although I never saw the second one I heard most people didn't like it). Who knows, it might turn out good in the end, but honestly it doesn't surprise me that people are being incredulous about a third Cars film at this stage.

Vidiot and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  4. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

And how do we really know that ray is really qualified to teach those children?!

5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Frozone is back, Samuel Jackson is in.

[​IMG]

PH416156 likes this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, he's certified for schools.

7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

2019!!! before the The Incredibles sequel hits the screen…bummer.

All told, the studio dated 14 new movies. Highlights include release dates for Cars 3 (June 16, 2017) and The Incredibles 2 (June 21, 2019), both from Pixar. In order to make room for the Cars 3, Pixar's Toy Story 4 is being pushed back a year, from June 16, 2017, to June 15, 2018.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cars-3-incredibles-2-get-830474

Vidiot likes this.
  8. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

And the cool thing about the Incredible sequel is there are absolutely no worries as to the actors having aged 11 years since the first...;)

9. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

"WHERE IS my super SUIT?!"

Deuce66 and erniebert like this.
  10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

[​IMG]

Additional titles:

11/22/17 “Coco” (Pixar)

12/22/17 Untitled Disney Fairy Tale (live action)

3/9/18 “Gigantic” (Disney animated)

11/2/18 Untitled Disney Fairy Tale (live action)

3/29/19 Untitled Disney Fairy Tale (live action)

4/12/19 Untitled Disneytoon Studios

11/8/19 Untitled Disney Fairy Tale (live action)

3/13/20 Untitled Pixar Animation

6/19/20 Untitled Pixar Animation

11/25/20 Untitled Disney Animation

What is sobering to consider is how few of these are originals, and how many are remakes or sequels.

11. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Toy Story 4.... If a trilogy ever had a perfect ending, it was Toy Story! I'm curious if they run out of fresh, new ideas at Pixar; most of the announced movie are remakes and sequels.

12. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Horrible...:cussing: I consider "The Incredibles" a masterpiece: not only the best Pixar movie so far but one the 10 best movies from the noughties.
    So, is the 2nd installment hitting the screen 15 years after the first one?! F**k! :cussing::realmad::realmad::cussing::cussing::cussing::realmad::realmad:

13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I loved The Incredibles, with this 15 year gap you'd think it was a James Cameron project….I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

14. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Ghost In the Shell, eh? That's got some potential, depending on how it's implemented. 2019 for Incredibles 2? Ridiculous!

15. I noticed that one too, but I'm of the "Why?" opinion. Don't think it really needs a remake myself. The existing version has an edge to it that I can't see Disney retaining.

16. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

Incredibles 2 - Yay! :goodie:

Cars 3 - Sometimes I honestly think that McDonald's funds these movies just so they can sell more Happy Meals. :(

JFS3 likes this.
  17. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I agree it doesn't need a remake, but do any current remakes really need to be made?

SoCalWJS likes this.
  18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

So many sequels and remakes...

Walt is spinning in his cryogenic grave.

19. helter

helter Forum Resident

Can you say merchandise tie in?

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

21. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

There was a cartoon that showed two kids asking that question while watching a Road Runner cartoon. Wile E. Coyote steps out the screen and explains that road runners are completely edible and (if I remember correctly) each part tastes like the finest cuisine.

On the subject of where Wile E. Coyote gets the money to purchase his gadgets, one theory is that he is actually works for ACME as a product tester. If that is the case, he really earns his paycheck.

22. Solitaire1

I was surprised to see "Ghost In The Shell" (GITS) listed too, the first I'd heard of it. I agree that it will be difficult to make a GITS movie that will be acceptable to the anime fans. However, I think it would be better to be done in Japan with funding by Disney..

On the subject of U. S. movies based on anime, one movie that I'd heard James Cameron was going to release was "Battle Angel Alita." I remember reading that he actually did "Avatar" as preparation for "Battle Angel Alita." But nothing about it recently.

Concerning "The Incredibles 2" it could be good as long as: (1) it doesn't just repeat the last one with variations, and (2) it has a good, solid story that stands on its own.

23. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Sadly, Elizabeth Peña, the astonishingly sexy voice of Mirage, died last year. I'm sure they can recast her if they need to, but it will never be the same. I wonder if they'll acknowledge the time that has passed, with Violet an adult, Dash a young man and Jack-Jack a teenager with nearly infinite powers (there's a phrase to send a chill down your spine.)

24. Solitaire1

As far as recasting Mirage, I think it can be done and a new voice actor could make the role her own. Many animated series often recast the voice actors for characters and the successors sometimes brings something new to the role. As an example, "Dragonball Z" replaced the entire voice actor cast after the first story arc and after adjusting to the new voices (Krillin's new voice sounded very different from the original), I found that many of voice actors did as good a job, if not better, than the originals.

Concerning voice actors: A slight negative to me when using famous actors to voice animated characters is that the famous person behind the voice often overshadows the character. However, voice acting does allow a famous actor to take on roles that he/she would be unlikely to be chosen for on screen. As an example, Mark Hamill (in the Animated DC Universe) and Brent Spiner ("Young Justice") both did an excellent job as The Joker, although each put their own twist on the role (Spiner brought a very creepy vibe to his performance as The Joker).

I agree that they should acknowledge the passage of time, since it would open up the story possibilities that would avoid a repeat of the last movie. As an example, what if the re-emergence of supers leads to a conflict between factions of supers?

25. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I don't think Pixar has ever been guilty of stunt casting like some of their competitors. Neither Holly Hunter or Craig T. Nelson open movies - both are mid-level working actors.

Capes vs. No Capes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.