Playstation 4 or X-Box one?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Baba Oh Really, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

The New Nintendo 3DS XL ( larger screen)seems very popular 2015.

Trapper J likes this.
  2. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

Wii u, more fun and less addictive

3. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

The PS4 is rumored to get a $50 price cut, very soon.

4. Trapper J

Trapper J Senior Member

Also portable, and a ridiculous amount of games available :thumbsup:

But, as for ps4 or xbox, watch this exclusive ps4 game trailer that's supposed to be released March 2016...

alexpop likes this.
  5. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I didn't take the plunge until this past Christmas. Until then, I played my games on the PS3 as did my son which I really was satisfied with. But, I eneded up buying 2 used ones off of ebay for Christmas. I buy two because my son & I play Battlefield 4 online which is awesome on the PS4. Usually there are 25 to 30 players on your team playing in conquest mode which is pretty damn cool. And I've always been a Playstation buyer. They just have the better games to chose from and everyone of them that I have bought, have lasted.

6. whaleyboy

whaleyboy Senior Member

I have an Xbone but mainly because I wanted to play Forza. When GT7 comes out I'll take another look at the PS4.

The voice recognition on the Xbox is pretty amazing.

All that said I don't really care about the platform - only the software - and would be happy with either.

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I pick my Alienware PC. :)

8. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

One piece of advise for PS4 owners: change the original HDD for a Solid State Disk. I changed my PS4 original HDD for an 240 Gig SSD (I only have 4 games and only play to 3 of them) a week ago and it makes a difference. Boot time is lower and so are loading times, even for long loading time games like Project Cars. An SSD makes the PS4 work with more "ease", even with an inexpensive SSD like the OCZ I installed to it.

9. Master_It_Right

Master_It_Right Forum Resident

10. Master_It_Right

Hopefully it isn't the letdown that was GT6 where most of the promised features weren't even in the game.

11. bradman

bradman Forum Resident

That gets pricey for most folks, who need more than the 500GB that's standard.

12. bradman

bradman Forum Resident

Most of which have been added by now, to be fair.

13. Master_It_Right

yeah over a year later

14. EddieVanHalen

But having a gamme console a with high speed CPU and RAM with a slow HDD is not big deal. PS4 with an SSD evenn if it's a small capacity 240 Gig one is the real deal. With 240 Gig a PS4 can fit around 6 or 8 games as none of them come in dual layer BDs.

15. music and movies

music and movies Forum Resident

The Wii U has been somewhat of a failure for Nintendo; they have already begun developing a new console, codenamed "NX." Look for them to make an announcement perhaps at next year's Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3). The NX, though, might not even be as powerful as the PS4 and XBOX One.

The Wii U is the lowest selling Nintendo machine ever, and in terms of competition with Sony and Microsoft in terms of games and hardware, Nintendo has fallen behind to a significant degree.

They're in the same rut that Sega was in during the 1990s.

Sony just dropped the price of its PS4 by $50 as well. It is now priced at $350, effective as of yesterday.

http://time.com/4066107/playstation-4-sony-price-cut-cheaper/

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  16. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

This sounds like a marketing rep for sony

Yea I know all that, I still think the wii u is more fun, there are no monthly charges. For me that means I rate it as best current console. With the control pad it's like getting a console and a handheld in one.

I'm not in the least concerned with what's selling more or the specs.

17. I have both systems and give the nod to Xbox One. I prefer its controllers... I particularly dislike how the lights on the PS4 remain on. I also like the Xbox interface better. That said, the PS4 has some awesome exclusives like Bloodborne.

18. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

I've decided to upgrade from the Nintendo Wii to a PS4. The Wii was great fro our family, but my girls are almost out of the video game age, and my son is now a teenager. I think he'll really like the upgrade. after reading this thread and a few reviews, I've decided on the PS4 over the Xbox One.

Now my question is how to buy it. There seem to be dozens of different configurations. What should I look for, and what "extras" will I need(such as a second controller).

Is Wal-Mart my best bet thus far?

Thanks

19. EddieVanHalen

It depends of your needs. Keep in mind that PS4 games are installed on the console HDD ('though they have a "quick start up" so you can play as soon as you insert the disc for the first time), if you intended to buy and keep playing a lot of games, go for the 1 Tb. model, if not, the standard 500 Gig. will do. Also, if you find a bundle of console plus a game you thought about buying, go for this bundle as you will end up saving some money.

20. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

If you are updating from a PS3 to PS4 you should keep in mind that the PS4 will not play CDs. Although I believe there has been discussion about Sony adding those capabilities via a software patch. This may not matter to you, but many buyers were caught off guard.

21. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Thanks EVH and Lebowski. What would you consider a "lot of games"? How big are the games (memory-wise)?

Fortunately, the issue of PS3 games won't be an issue since I don't have another unit (only a Wii).

22. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Not even Fallout4?

23. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

He's gonna LOVE it.

Can you wait until Black Friday? Looks like most retailers will offer the Uncharted bundle for $300, and some discounts on extra controllers. Keep in mind the bundled Uncharted games are downloads, not physical discs.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/24/9769148/black-friday-gaming-deals-2015-xbox-ps4-nintendo-pc

24. EddieVanHalen

It depends, but straight out of the disc, most games are around 18/22 Gigs, but they use to get later updates. Games like Project Cars or Drive Club got big updates. I'm not at home to look at how much space they take. But I can tell you this, I have Rayman Legends, Drive Club, Project Cars, Formula 1 2015, World Rally Championship 5 and STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT (a dream come true) all installed on a 249 Gig Solid State Disc (to make my PS4 faster and decrease loading times) and I still have place for a couple of games.

25. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Whaaaat? I didn't know that the Playstation 4 couldn't play regular CDs...What a shame!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.