Bought a "Target" Cd Today For $3.99...What's the Cheapest Target Purchase For You?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by houston, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

I don't have that many targets but over the last few months I've picked up several:

"Houses of the Holy" - LZ $3.50
    "Heartbeat City" - The Cars $2.00
    "Empty Glass" - Pete Townshend $3.00
    "Dream Into Action" - Howard Jones $2.00
    "Self Control" - Laura Branigan $2.00
    "Pretenders" - Pretenders $3.99
    "Minute By Minute" - Doobie Brothers $1.00
    I may be forgetting any others but those are the ones that come to mind.

Tjazz and billnunan like this.
  2. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

You can often get them off eBay these days for under $5.

3. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

I've bought many targets for under £5 on ebay, and many targets were under £2. They tend to be the usual suspects though, although some were unusual variations. I also started to notice more of them in charity shops nearby.
    [​IMG]
    I found this unusal variation of the Stages target for £1 (I had picked up another usual variation of the Stages target the previous week online for £2.49 incl. delivery). I now have all four variations.:)

JDeanB, billnunan and c-eling like this.
  4. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Found some recently for 53 cents. (50 cents plus 3 cents tax) They were scratchy, but played perfectly. (Thrift store)
    Eagles - Long Run
    Cars - Shake It Up

mmars982 likes this.
  5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Thought 53 cents was pretty good, then I found at a regular record store a Japan Target for 27 cents. (and it's in nice condition with a smooth case) (RSD sale)
    [​IMG]
    Course, the title is not very popular. :laugh:

Dave S likes this.
  6. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Nice looking target though.

7. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Picked up a few for £5 each here. Fleetwood Mac Rumours, their s/t one, Townshend's Empty Glass. Some good ones in recent years.

8. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

The target cd bubble has burst. The bloom is off the rose. It's over, Johnny. Wasn't there a reissue company reissuing target cd's? Was that Audio Fidelity? What was the deal with that?

9. lastdamdown

lastdamdown Forum Resident

One dollar. Several in the last 6-7 months.

10. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Cheapest one I ever found was another title of his (Vouyer) in mint condition with smooth sided case for $1. Can't find anything under a buck around here.

11. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

It was always destined to burst for the majority of them since they are actually quite common discs, especially now that many people are selling off their collections. However, some variations are hard (almost impossible) to find. I found a Al Jarreau High Crime WEA disc the other day with Made in W. Germany by PDO in the hub. Not a common disc by the looks of it. Shame it wasn't in better nick. As long as you have fun with it, then you will be ok. I also collect other discs.

12. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

The cheapest here is 25p. I found a Warner golden great copy of a-ha's Hunting High and Low for 25p (I never paid more than £5 for any golden great, and have 9). Cheapest target in the shops was 50p - ZZ Top Eliminator and a black on silver stock Bilitis.

mmars982 likes this.
  13. Tone_Boss

Tone_Boss Forum Resident

What is a target CD? I thought it was cd's purchased at Target but doesnt seem the case.

14. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Early Warner related discs (not the earliest - there are pre-target discs). Unlike some early painted discs, targets were relatively late, arriving at the beginning of 1984, and they were produced after 1985.

Tone_Boss likes this.
  15. Tone_Boss

Tone_Boss Forum Resident

Ok, thanks. I probably have a bunch and don't even realize it.

16. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

Absolutely, I lay back when there is an SH rampage and wait until the wildebeests are gone. They had that Olivia Newton John cd selling for 40-50 bucks for quite awhile. Now there's one up for 10 bucks that isn't selling, although that could be because the seller is in Croatia.

17. ukozcd

ukozcd Jedi

$2.00 AUD - seems to be a rare variant. Made in W. Germany by PDO also.

[​IMG]

Dave S, JDeanB and billnunan like this.
  18. scottc1963

scottc1963 Forum Resident

I pick up a lot of them from Half Price books, I think they just put them out as "regular" CD's

19. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

"Lotusflow3r" by Prince. But for me who's an eskimo up north it was not so easy. It is not cheap to find new Prince albums at the North Pole. It has a cost. :thumbsdow

20. Pretenders $1 cdn

21. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

It's the one known Elaine Paige variant that has eluded me (I have the other six). There's also a Made in West || Germany Stages.
    [​IMG]

billnunan likes this.
  22. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

What does this have to do with target CDs? :confused:

23. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I saw a Target of Hello, I Must Be Going at Goodwill a few days ago.

24. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I go Graham Parker's "Steady Nerves" for $3 a long time ago. Not too big a deal in terms of SQ or alas, the music.

25. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I got one for free,it was nothing rare.The owner of the used shop was on the phone and just waved me to take it since I buy stuff there often anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.