Jet.com - 20% off or $15 off (fulfilled by Deep Discount)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Amnesiac, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident Thread Starter

So, Jet.com is having a pretty decent deal right now.

They market themselves as a competitor to Amazon, for those who haven't heard of them. I've heard that most of their media is fulfilled by Deep Discount, which lots on this site probably are aware of.

One deal is 20% off your first order (up to $50 off). The code is 20NOW.

Another deal is $15 your entire order of $38 or more. The code is SAVE15NOW.

Unfortunately, both of these do not work at the same time. However, orders of $35 or more ship free. Also, if you use a debit card, you get another 1.5% off.

Have a look around. Their search system is not too good, but they seem to stock a lot of stuff.

VINYL

CD

There's also more if you search specifically what you are looking for in the search bar. They also have tons of non-music related stuff for those who are interested.

Anyway, it's not a crazy deal by any means, but it's a pretty decent discount if you are looking for something.

Reese, JasonA, jeffsab and 1 other person like this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

thank you!

3. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

Latest deal is $25 off a $50 minimum purchase (code jetcomsave2, expires 11/30/15). I bought Dylan's The Cutting Edge (6 CD) for just over $80 shipped!

4. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Grab 2 new Tull boxes for $39 with free shipping.......super deal!!

5. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

jetcomsave2 didn't work for me. I emailed them and they said the code is no longer valid.

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Just so you all know, Jet is a pump and dump exercise in fleecing investors, masquerading as an etailer. They're like Value America in the early '00s. They source their material from other etailers, often shipping for below cost just to make the sale. That might be OK from a buyer's perspective, except because they are drop shipping from third parties with whom they are not actually related, things often get canceled without notice or explanation, if things don't get shipped, good luck getting satisfaction, etc.

Pay with a credit card and be ready to have to fight for what you bought...

lightbulb, longdist01 and Ted Bell like this.
  7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Deal is over per Blu ray.com Forums.

8. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

With the great deals they have been offering (coupon codes), I have gotten a lot of stuff from them in the past month. LOTS of music, both vinyl and CD, and it all arrived well packed and quickly. I know it came from Deep Discount, but everything was mint.

We also ordered a photo scanner with a coupon code, and it arrived (also safely) in one day! My wife was amazed.

I'm not saying everyone's experience will be the same - just sharing my experience so far. Bummed about that last coupon not working, though. I was ready to order again.

lightbulb and masterbucket like this.
  9. jlimburg

jlimburg Forum Resident

yeah unfortunately it still applies in your cart but leaves when you get further into the checkout process. kind of a bummer.

10. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

Although the $25 off deal ended early, I believe there is still a 20% off still active for new jet.com customers (20 off $50: code NEWTOJET). This would give approximately $21 off The Cutting Edge.

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Not spending money is never a bummer in my world.

RPhelps likes this.
  12. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I just got a good deal using the NEWTOJET coupon - $20 off $50.

A tip for those not necessarily looking to spend $50 on music: I was looking for an item that cost around $32 (Big Star's Keep an Eye on the Sky box set). I put it in my cart and added about $18 worth of household products that I normally use anyway (coffee filters, medicine, that sort of stuff), making sure that the household items were priced competitively with Amazon, so I wasn't overpaying. My order totaled $50.60, and with the coupon it came down to $30.58 (don't know why I got that extra $.02 off but whatever).

Since the household items were priced at what I really do actually pay at Amazon, I effectively go the Big Star box for just under $13.

I did note that all three items (the Big Star plus the two household items) are fulfilled by different vendors and shipping from different places, so we'll see what happens - and @kwadguy is right that Jet might be a ship-and-dump kind of vendor. However, on the other hand, this is exactly's Amazon's model too, except Jet gives you free shipping with 3rd party vendors, and Jet doesn't tell you who is fulfilling your order until after you've placed it.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. For now these giant discounts Jet is giving for first-time customers remind me of the heady days when e-commerce first got going at the very end of the '90s. Places like drugstore.com and others would offer massive deals for first-time customers to get people comfortable with ordering stuff online. Of course, back then the deals were even better - like you could order $30 and get 100% off! That was because the conceptual idea of ordering online was a big hurdle for lots of people at the time...

lightbulb likes this.
  13. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Bought some classical box sets a few weeks ago with their first time customer deal. Shipped by Deep Discount with no problem and great price. Did some research on them and crossed my fingers. Even used my debit card. Wonder how long they will be around?

tmtomh likes this.
  14. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

Ok, here goes nothing.. Just put an order in.

Frank Zappa 200 Motels dvd $11.99
    RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magic 180g vinyl (supposedly the 2011 version that rules) $30.50
    2 Boxes of Kind Bars (4 packs) at about $5 dollars each.

All reasonably priced. Would gladly pay for any single item. Used the new member code for $20 off, making the total come to $31.35 with free shipping.

That's just awesome. The media is "fulfilled by DeepDiscount" with the kind bars by Jet. Just as long as I get everything as advertised, this will be an amazing purchase. Wish me luck.

black sheriff likes this.
  15. Claus LH

Claus LH Forum Resident

Well, with the reservations mentioned above, I have decided to try them.
    I have ordered the "Living Stereo" box, Vol.1 ($79.99, their price) and with free shipping, $20 off as a first-timer and 1.5% off for using my debit card, my total is $58.98.
    About 98 cents per disc....I can live with that :)
    Now all it has to do is show up.....fulfillment is by DeepDiscount, 3-7 days, according to the invoice. Fingers crossed.

16. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Yup! Just used NEWTOJET and saved $20 off my $50 order! No tax and free shipping. What a deal!

17. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Thanks for sharing. I just used the NEWTOJET code and picked the Cutting Edge 6-CD box for $69.99 (which is pretty good deal!). Now hoping there is no drama and the item shows up in good condition...

18. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

I bought three 40 lb. bags of cat litter from Jet.com a few months ago after seeing a special. All went well!

black sheriff likes this.
  19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

NEWTOJET also worked for me, sweet!

I ordered something that I was going to pick up anyway on Deep Discount/eBay. Ended up paying about $12 more by adding a $30+ piece of vinyl.

20. TeacFan

I understand Wal Mart, not having much success with their Amazon-like site is thinking about buying Jet.Com. I still get mailing coupons from them having used the site when they first came on line.

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yes, that's the rumor. It's utterly crazy. Walmart must have 1000x the technology and sophistication in their distribution warehouses that Jet has.

Jet is hemorrhaging money and it's a laughing stock to competitors like Amazon.

22. TeacFan

Yep, I guess the guy behind Jet is some dot com $$$$ looking to turn another trick.

23. CrazyBrown

CrazyBrown Forum Resident

lightbulb likes this.
  24. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Just grabbed one for $50.46.
    About $4 a disc...nice.

25. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

An absolute steal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.