Music Direct Mobile Fidelity new titles for 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jellis77, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident Thread Starter

So far we have the following:

Miles Davis - ESP & On The Corner
    Alan Parsons Project - I Robot
    Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers
    Janis Joplin - Pearl
    Big Brother - Cheap Thrills

Anyone know of any others?

2. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Men at Work - Business As Usual

3. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

Should they know there was also great music made from the Eighties?

hotsoup, ascot and mikaal like this.
  4. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Still awaiting "Chicago II".

Rick A.

5. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

I think Mofi should move on to the 80s music and perhaps 90s. Duran Duran Rio, Echo and the Bunnymen Ocean rain to name some I enjoy from the 80s and maybe some 90s numbers as well.

reapers, hotsoup and Echo like this.
  6. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

All the audiophile labels are still busy in making the mistake in loosing younger generations and I really hate to see that!

Yes, there are some fine exceptions in Eighties and Nineties music (e.g. from the Nineties: Jeff Buckley by AP, Jane's Addiction by AF and Weezer by MFSL), but that's too little and too late...

Younger generations will never discover these fine labels by just that small amount of more modern music, that's why vinyl is becoming that attractive for these. It's silly how my far younger cousins (and even some friends of them) are looking in my last old new wave/post-punk vinyl (which I will give away to them)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  7. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

I dunno... I've also picked up lp's such as Beck's -- Sea Change (which is post-90's), Los Lobos - Kiko (90's), and of course cd's such as G&R... I think there is a bit more out there than MOFI is being given credit for...

Gardo, Tom Campbell and Terry like this.
  8. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Maybe the audiophile labels think... they old audiophiles have bigger wallets.

Yovra, JediJoker and Terry like this.
  9. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

Do you really think younger generations are poor? Even the former college rock kids?? :)

10. Claus

Claus Senior Member

No, I don't think so. But labels must make profit. That's one of the reasons, why they reissue classic albums again and again.

JediJoker and BrewCrew82 like this.
  11. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

Well I have all the Weezer albums they are fine! So they are slowly creeping ahead into the future. Maybe they are having trouble with some of these recent recordings in the last 20 years or so because the are not recorded so well.

12. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Another reason why audiophile labels don't like reissues from the 90's and later. Many of them are digital recordings, compressed or the tapes no longer exist.

goodiesguy, Gardo, JediJoker and 4 others like this.
  13. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

Yes, but that's not the case with most music from the Eighties and there is a lot of alternative treasures to find for fine remastering and releasing!

Besides that, much music after '95 has been compressed and it's even mostly easy for audiophile labels for improving the sonical qualities of the music in those years, just what AP did with Jeff Buckley; what a difference!!

Robert C likes this.
  14. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

The younger generation isnt going to spend (or cant afford) 30 bucks on a gold disc with embossed numbers. The audiophile companies know exactly who to cater to and know that a bunch of middle age dudes will be the ones who will fork out another 30 bucks for the latest remaster that they already have 9 copies of. Audiophile lables arent for the young, they are for the upgrade addicted middle aged. And there are always plenty of new 45-55 yr olds that discover the "hobby" and dont have the 90th Anniversary 45 RPM of Dark Side Of The Moon.

"Business As Usual" is a great theme title lol.

albertop, goodiesguy, TimM and 7 others like this.
  15. Claus

Claus Senior Member

well said!!!

16. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

Hello, I'm from the post-punk/new wave generation and am also now 50+ Still not middle aged? Thanks for the compliment!!

dartira and MadMelMon like this.
  17. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Well, I love the MoFi Weezers... And the AP Counting Crows... And I'd gladly buy Sea Change if MoFi hadn't let it go OOP. So more Nineties records would be welcome. I wish they'd take over the Pearl Jam catalog as that band seems incapable of putting out good sounding reissues lately.

How about Radiohead, Beck, and The Verve for starters?

18. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Honestly, they dont need your business. They are making enough off of unrisky titles that are probably pretty easy to license over and over again. Every once in awhile they may throw a bone; but for the most part---no, I dont think most 80s, 90s stuff or 2000 stuff for that matter is high on the list.

Look back since the late 70s when these companies started and see how many times the same stuff gets rehashed "bigger and better". Hey, more power to them, they gotta make a living. But, wishing for some titles that have never been done and should be? Good luck. Probably no money in it.

19. Claus

Claus Senior Member

getting licences... it's very hard for every audiophile company today. See the long list of No-Go's.

Paully likes this.
  20. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I would not write that off given how the two labels have issued the same title, Billy Joel comes to mind.

JediJoker likes this.
  21. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I wonder why Rickie Lee Jones first album has been put out on audiophile vinyl but never on audiophile CD or SACD. I remember Steve posting that Audio Fidelity tried to do it and could not.

Jarleboy and Lucidae like this.
  22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

2017 if we are lucky.:laugh:

23. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Am I getting that Billy Joel's Greatest Hits SACD I pre-ordered a decade ago?

24. eelkiller

I Robot has been done to death but maybe it is a sign they might do others by APP such as Pyramid?

Jarleboy, HiFi Guy 008 and JediJoker like this.
  25. eelkiller

How many years in a decade? How many hundred times have we told you not to exagerate? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.