Is Groovetracer still producing Subplatter's

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TommyTunes, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

The site doesn't appear to be active. Anyone know if they are still around?

2. mcenters

mcenters Forum Resident

I can't connect to their website. I hope he is still in business. He makes great stuff.

3. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I just connected to their website. I didn't try to contact anyone (don't need to, I already got EVERYTHING they make for an RP6) but the site is working. IMHO it would be tragic if Frank went away. Amazing products and great people to deal with.

4. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

Got thru to the site

5. I think that dude is a member here, too.

6. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

Site works for me. Frank and Groovetracer are top shelf, highly recommended.

7. McLover

McLover Senior Member

He's awesome, the only reason why I can be in the same building with a cherished Planar 2 (A late friend who was the US original Rega importer) is why I kept it and cherished it. That Groovetracer sub platter made it musical and stable.

Long Live Analog likes this.
  8. Long Live Analog

McLover, was your late friend Steve Lauerman?

9. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Yes, and he is Steve Lauerman. He lent me Rega demos, asked for tough criticism for improvements, and we loved vinyl. He lived 50 minutes from me. His passing was hard to take. He loved music, loved vinyl, and was a true friend. We spent a lot of time together. I cherish that.

10. Long Live Analog

Don't mean to hijack the thread. He did the Cardas/Incognito tonearm rewire on my P25. The guys at Nicholson's HiFi in Nashville thought the world of him. My condolences...

timztunz, McLover and Ntotrar like this.
  11. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Indeed. Steve was a friend of vinyl during it's dark days. He was a friend, a kindred spirit. Nicholson's Stereo was an awesome Hi Fi shop, great friends when I lived in Smyrna, they took care of me great. And delivered when mobility difficult. You are not hijacking the thread, we're reliving great friends and old times. And sharing common pursuits. This is what makes this Forum top notch. A joy this discussion. Like not enough, Love more accurate. That Planar 2 was a dealer demo, he gave it to me. And upgraded it along the way while he was still alive.

trd, timztunz and Long Live Analog like this.
  12. Long Live Analog

I miss Nicholson's. I keep in touch with most who worked there over the years. Lee Lyon their turntable guru is a good friend of mine. Lee thought a lot of Steve...

timztunz and McLover like this.
  13. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Sorry you lost your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.