Captain America - Civil War coming in 2016 to include Iron Man, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Falcon

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

I looked at the cast: could be an Avengers film without Thor and Hulk :p

2. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

I'm waiting for this guy:

[​IMG]

Vidiot, wayneklein and Bobby Buckshot like this.
  3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Me too. Ditko RULES.

4. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

November 4, 2016 for Dr. Strange.

wayneklein and Purple Jim like this.
  5. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

BINGO!

[​IMG]

razerx and Purple Jim like this.
  6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Purple Jim likes this.
  7. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Anticipating this one now that I've seen Winter Soldier, which has to be one of the finest superhero films ever made. They've outdone themselves already with Captain America, which is pretty darn shocking! Never thought he'd made much of a movie character, but they have done a really good job with him.

8. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

9. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  10. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

I just re-watched "Winter Soldier" yesterday and I agree, it's really good. I'm looking forward to another Captain America movie.

BTW, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" was released as "The Return of the First Avenger" in Germany. I guess that's because Captain America is not very well known and popular in Germany, so they decided to work with the success of the Avenger movie.

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it'll come fast! can't wait.
    yes, the bigger the pile of bodies!

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I really love Mark Ruffalo's HULK the best so I cannot get enough...I can go for a solo as well!

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much with either Captain America movie, and I was very surprised not only by how good they were, but also that they struck a chord with audiences and made a huge amount of money. The first film made $370M, and the second a whopping $714M, which was pretty stunning. I think the best thing about the second film were two relatively simple scenes: the first when Nick Fury is in the car chase and narrowly escapes, and the second when Captain America is ambushed in the elevator. Both were the type of scenes we've seen a hundred times in film, but they were extremely well-done, expertly paced, and absolutely action-packed. I saw the movie twice and was impressed with those two scenes both times.

14. Dr. Pepper

My favorite two scenes as well.

Vidiot likes this.
  15. I would add a scene with no action where Cap and Fury discuss the flying aircraft carriers and what is needed to protect our freedom. Cap may be square but he talks sense.

16. shokhead

17. Looks cool. I remember the comic for this. Looks better than the war on Mutants in X-3 which was a very disappointing film. I like to pretend it doesn't exist.

18. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Note that Captain America 3 was shot on the new (and extremely expensive) Alexa 65 camera, which is basically the digital version of 65mm film, very close to Imax. I expect the film will look pretty spectacular.

20. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

Winter Soldier deserved the money it got. It's my favorite film of the Marvel universe after Iron man. I think the audience resoonated due to seeing the shield crumbling just so - what seemed to be unsinkable suddenly did exactly that. It was thrilling to watch.

21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Well Chris Evan's helped.

22. Dr. Pepper

I've got to give it up to the writer's of Cap's trilogy though, each movie has been great and yet quite different from each other. I have enjoyed Cap's trilogy of films more than either Iron Man's or Thor's, and I already know that even without seeing the third film. The trailer for the Civil War is absolutely awesome, really looking forward to this film and Batman V. Superman.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  23. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I don't like any DC superhero film, perhaps this will change my perception.
    If all else fails bring forth The New Gods.

24. shokhead

After Captain America: Civil War, will there be a 5th one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.