Please Recommend A Redbook Cd player under 300$*

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by stereoguy, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo! Thread Starter

Could someone please recommend a Rebook cd player with the most accurate sound under $300? Used is ok too.
    Thank you.

2. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

c-eling likes this.
  3. stereoguy

Thank you. Without a remote, the Pioneer will not work? That would be odd , no?

4. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Are you going to be using the internal DAC via analog out, or as a transport, external DAC?
    The Onkyo is nice as a player as it does pre-emphasis, TOC and SUB via analog

5. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

It will work, you just wouldn't be able to access all it's settings and functions. I use one in an audio only setting, but attached a tiny LCD monitor so I could do the set up and access the correct audio when using the player's DVD-Audio function. The DV 59 AVI is also supposed to be quite good and goes for under $100, but the 79 AVI has the audio edge with it's tuning by Air Studios in England.

I can also tell you that the Pioneer's sonics come close to rivaling my Rega Apollo CD player outputted to a Schiit Bitfrist Uber DAC. I bought bith of those items used, but new they would run $1,600 compared to the DV 79 AVI which was $1,000 when new.

6. Old Audiophool

Old Audiophool Forum Resident

7. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Marantz 5004/5 good solid performer.

Anonamemouse likes this.
  8. stereoguy

Thanks guys!!

9. George P

George P Notable Member

My Yamaha CD player is great and under 300. The model number is in my profile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.