Metallica to reissue their demo tape....on *cassette*!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bcaulf, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldschool

oldschool I love tape hiss

Found a rip that is DR9

2. cement_head

cement_head Forum Resident

Q: Why is there only one side? Why not a 30 minute tape with two sides?

Q2: How many of you are (or already have) recorded something else on the B side?

3. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Nerds will be nerds! Even in a Metallica thread!

4. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

Q1: It's a replica of Lars' cassette - and it was recorded on one side only.
    Q2: Simply record some rare NWOBHM 7"s to side b (Blitzkrieg, Diamond Head, Sweet Savage) to make it authentic ;)

5. cement_head

cement_head Forum Resident

I'm going to record the Creeping Death 12" (http://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Creeping-Death/master/6402) and then some random Metallica favs

6. sathvyre

The "Creeping Death" 12" doesn't fit into the time frame, cause it was recorded later. Maybe you should add the "Power Metal" demo by METALLICA and the two early 1982 rehearsal tracks "Killing Time" and "Let It Loose".

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

If I had my old car from the 80's with a cassette player it might be cool. Now, no way. Plus, I don't really care for them, anyway. :)

Dynamic Ranger likes this.
  8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Better Records is apparently in the process of identifying some Hot Stamper copies of this release. Stay tuned.

jdrueke and rnranimal like this.
  9. Since people are using this thread to discuss the future reissues of the rest of their studio albums I thought I'd share a piece of information I've found. According to discogs, the Blackened Recordings re-release of Kill 'Em All is actually remastered. Has anybody heard this one? Also, if the information on discogs is correct, that was the only CD they bothered to remaster among those reissues.

Given the recent developments in this thread in terms of how the mastering of that tape turned out, I am seriously considering grabbing myself a copy of the current issues of Live ****: Binge & Purge while it's still in rotation..

10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I'd suggest getting it while you can, yes. :)

11. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Any more news on these reissues?
    When will the first box come out?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

yes updates please

13. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

Whatever happened to planned CD / Vinyl version of No Life til Leather. Also I would love a cleaned up re issue Blu Ray of Live **** Binge and Purge.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. sathvyre

I am also waiting for the reissues. I don't care for the regular album stuff (I have great-sounding CD versions from Elektra and Music For Nations), but looking forward to all the bonus content which was announced many months ago...

sassi likes this.
  15. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

The only way I would buy No Life on vinyl would be if it wasnt from Blackened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.