Black Friday Record Store Day 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Amnesiac, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spillred

spillred Forum Resident

MPO in the deadwax, and in tiny letters "thesoundmasters", if that helps
    Nice inner sleeves, but no liner notes and no gatefold

jimhb likes this.
  2. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Mine starts in 45 minutes. I might head over there. I only want the Jerry Lee Lewis record, not much else interests me.

3. shiverbones

shiverbones Forum Resident

i picked up the les paul and mary ford 10" and the cardigans, the two i was after :)

bootbox likes this.
  4. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

Showed up at my local shop in JP 15 minutes before opening and was third in line. Free coffee and record shape cookies - had my two oldest kiddos with me, so they liked that!

Watching the wallet this year, so only had two items on list which I picked up with ease: B-52s live LP and the Cardigans one.

Look forward to listening to both this weekend.

davers likes this.
  5. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked

Spinning the Zombies BBC. It's definitely a completist piece, mix of lo and mid mono from assorted sources. The performances are interesting though and the interview bits also.

6. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Only the Buzzcocks LP for me today. I usually end up getting RSD stuff months later at reduced prices so I do not go for the feeding frenzy. The Wes Montgomery LP looked interesting but I had to pass because I'm way over budget on music for the time being.

7. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Thanks! How does it sound?

8. Dave_B80

Dave_B80 Forum Resident

What store did you find the signed copy at?

dayday likes this.
  9. pigman

pigman Forum Resident

SRC vinyl,Niagara Falls,Canada.

10. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

That Cardigans sounds fantastic.

RJ3000 and e.s. like this.
  11. Dave_B80

Dave_B80 Forum Resident

Good for you, enjoy! I was second in line at the Toronto SRC location, they had two copies of Ben (I got one of them). Neither had the signature. Still happy to have gotten it. Any chance you want to trade??!!

12. pigman

pigman Forum Resident

13. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

So, is today (Friday, Nov. 27th) supposed to be RSD? I looked on Rasputin's website, only a blurb about BF holiday kickoff. Went by the store, no mention of it or special hours on the windows. Wtf, Rasputin's? Don't you want my money?

14. Budysr

Budysr Forum Resident

Was the garbage vinyl pink? The copies I see locally don't say anything about colored vinyl on the hype sticker and the price is pretty steep(50 bucks)

15. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

Best RSD yet. No lines or crowd here in Chicago. Picked up the Jazz at Massey Hall, Wes Montgomery, Circles Around the Sun, and The Arcs. The weather is pretty crappy so might of played a part. Strolled in a couple of hours after Dusty Grooves opened and was out of there in 15min.

Vinyl_Blues and troggy like this.
  16. Dave_B80

Dave_B80 Forum Resident

I'd sweeten the pot? For real!

17. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Got the Lush red vinyl at a great price. Reading this thread made me realize I forgot a few things :cry:

18. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Wow. Total washout at my local record store. Every year until now there's been 200 people waiting in line. I showed up five minutes before the door opened and they were 30 people in line at best. The owner was looking quite despondent. I actually picked up the Jerry Lee Lewis record I want it. $25. I put it back. I didn't realize it was colored vinyl my arch nemesis

19. Dave_B80

Dave_B80 Forum Resident

listening to jerry right now! sounds really crisp, the colour is super cool.

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  20. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

That's ok - we don't want it ANYWAY, right? :) Coloured vinyl that will be a mess pressing wise. We are the better for it NOT coming over the border! :)

21. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Got Nick Lowe/Los Straightjackets, Wes Montgomery, Phil Collins and Otis Redding. Picked up a copy of Music to drink beer by from a previous record store day. I didn't realize it was in somebody's stack they were buying but the guy told me I could have it if I wanted.

The spirit of giving is alive.

22. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

B-52's, Buzzcocks, Clash, Bowie - Earthlings, Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, and the new Sigur Ros Takk press since I was there. I think my store liked me today... Only thing I didn't see on my list was Bowie's 1. Outside. Otherwise a pretty good day. Not overly busy at my store, 15 or 20 in line. 2 of the records I got were the only copies. I'm glad I didn't wait until later to go.

23. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Me too...nothing beats used original vinyl for me. Just my two cents..:p

24. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

RSD exclusives.

ShawnX likes this.
  25. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

Went to my fave store - here was the take home:

High Fidelity soundtrack
    Dedicated Kinks
    Kwyet Kinks
    The Zombies BBC Radio Sessions
    Say Say Say - McCartney
    Link Wray single

and then bought the following Housemartins titles used:

Think For a Minute (UK 12")
    Caravan of Love (UK 12")
    Build (UK 12")
    Happy Hour (UK 12")
    The People Who Grinned Themselves To Death (Canadian lp)

Passed on the Sonics box (I know I will be regretting this) and didn't buy the Carl Perkins because it was pressed in cz (said so on the back cover) so I avoided - knowing what issues people had in the past with other related pressings. I also passed on the B52s but if someone tells me that Kevin Gray cut it then I will go back and get it.

For those who got the Sonics box, who mastered the set?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.