Charles Schulz's 'Peanuts' Film to Hit Theaters November 2015

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I ordered "A Charlie Brown Christmas" soundtrack on vinyl from Amazon. Less than $17 and it was nice to discover when it arrived that it is pressed on green vinyl. We've been playing it nonstop since Thanksgiving what a great soundtrack.

Scope J likes this.
  2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Oh - didn't know that! :wave:

3. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Just got back from seeing it. I thought it was pretty charming and sweet. I'm a huge Howard Stern fan (so I'm not easily offended), but was it nice to see a family movie without the slightest innuendo or fart joke in it. There were three movie trailers before the start of the film and two of them had fart jokes. Was this movie perfect, no. But I thought it captured the essence of the classic specials.

mike65! and mmars982 like this.
  4. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

I just watched it with my friend and her three kids and their grandmother. I liked the movie very much. It had a good positive message and it was funny.

5. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Apparently not. What was it?

6. "Mendelson & Melendez Moving Co."

Keith V, lbangs, Vidiot and 2 others like this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Both were very nice men. Each of them attended the post sessions for the Peanuts specials we did for CBS in the 1980s, and they were funny, cared a lot about the show, and had great stories to tell.

Jerry Horne, lbangs, davenav and 2 others like this.
  8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Maybe its just being an old school Peanuts fan, but I hated the CGI. And showing the LRHG's face is disappointing. Saw it for the first time and was calling out the lines before the characters. But then aside from daily strips, books and TV specials, I was Snoopy in Your A Good Man Charlie Brown. I have this stuff down pat.

9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

:laugh:

I bet being Snoopy was a lot harder than being one of the character who actually got to talk! A lot of pantomime, I assume?

10. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Snoopy has dialogue in the play. And sings.

11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Oh! Okay, I didn't know that! Cool! :)

12. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

EARS? Yeesh. White turtleneck shirt and black pants is all that's needed. Just like Bill Hinnant, who did it originally(and the live action Halmark version. Wish I could find THAT!). I had been doing Snoopy's numbers since grade school in 68. I never changed them a bit from then until I did the show in 81.

13. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

YAGM, Charlie Brown pales compared to Dog Sees God. ;)

Also, the Peanuts film, though a bit thin on the ground in terms of plot, was a clever, cute film that stayed very true to the source material. Loved it. :)

jriems and Keith V like this.
  14. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Not disagreeing. It was charming. It just wasn't right for me. Aping the TV specials in CGI was a drag to me(watch the dancing ripped straight from CB Christmas).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.