Queen Album By Album: 'A Night At The Opera'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jl151080, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmosis

cosmosis New Member

So many good songs on this album. I picked Prophet's, but honorable mentions go to Death On Two Legs, 39 and I'm in love with my car.

2. Rapid Fire

Rapid Fire Hyperactive!

Wow!! I thought I was gonna be the only one to choose 'The Prophet Song'. Glad to see others enjoy it also. Me and my buddy in High School jammed to this song all the time. Man, this album brings back some awesome memories.

3. John54

John54 Senior Member

Prophet Song, in a tight vote over 39. Both pop into my head frequently. Obviously BoRhap is the most audacious rock song ever, and very very good, but I prefer the other two.

4. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Easy choice:

"Prophet's Song."

5. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

Death On Two Legs. Awesome howling guitar solo, plus I got a kick listening to this song as a kid. It says "***" and "damn"! Oooooh!! :D

6. Runt

Runt Senior Member

Another tough choice...Prophet's Song.

Queen at their epic best. Harkins back to the Queen II days.

7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

This was when I realized the thrill was gone. Never like Bohemian except for occasional giggles. I bought Races but that was a mistake and I returned it.

For me, only 39 remains--one of May's best songs, if not his best.

8. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

"Your'e my Best Friend". ANATO has some great songs but after "39" it's very uneven.:hide:
    (I'm a huge Queen fan)

9. 'Death on Two Legs', is there a better opener to a classic album than that? Hard to find one if there is.

A great album, and has my favorite Queen song on it, 'DOTL's.

10. posieflump

posieflump New Member

Ooh, a good record.

"Bohemian Rhapsody", for all its wonderfulness, is damned by overfamiliarity. I couldn't initially decide between "'39" and "You're My Best Friend", but went with the latter in the long run. It had a peculiar mix, if memory serves - more or less mono until the bridge, when the vocals split across the stereo with lead on one channel and harmonies on the other, and back to mono for the next verse.

11. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Love of My Life

Darryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.