Pink Floyd '1965' double 7"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Collins, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Except Apple Corp. requires ALL releases to be approved by Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia/Dhani. I seriously doubt Paul would risk their disapproval for such a vanity release. No recordings exist in the "Grey World" so it won't see light of day until Apple approves its release. Ron

zobalob likes this.
  2. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

As we know, Universal and Sony simply refuse requests to license the material. That's why we won't be getting a 1965 Copyright Set from the Beatles. THEY and their labels believe the law gives them the right to NOT grant licenses for this material. Ron

3. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

sadly I think the UK can neither take the credit or the blame, i understood this to be an EU thing ?

4. jmczaja

jmczaja Forum Resident

I'm just annoyed that i can't get this release without being raped! $200?! I do hope they plan on a more widespread release..

5. Jon Busey-Hunt

Jon Busey-Hunt Forum Resident

Dear lord -- this is a complete holy grail thing for me. I'm sure we can't post YouTube links or whatever but hopefully folks are keeping their eyes peeled for this stuff getting out there!!

6. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Sigh. I saw this on Discogs yesterday evening and thought it was just a very nicely-done bootleg. Now I want one!

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  7. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

zobalob likes this.
  8. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

Could have bought it yesterday on Discogs for $69.00 which I thought was outrageous. Noticed today he increased it to $238.00! More than $300.00 on ebay. Just insane. I can't believe this won't be reissued in some way.

9. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Cool, I thought it was UK-only... als je d'r nog eentje ziet... ;-)

10. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Lucky you! Congrats!

11. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

12. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

So they did make it to the US?

Scope J likes this.
  13. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

If you're complaining, I'll happily give you double to take it off your hands! :agree:

e.s. likes this.
  14. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Is that the deal HMV is offering??!! Golly, stores in the UK sure are different from the ones here in the US!! :tiphat:

longaway, izgoblin, zobalob and 5 others like this.
  15. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Tangentially, there was a nicely done bootleg EP a few years ago that gathered up the bonus tracks from Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, with Matilda Mother being replaced by the Introduction To Syd Barrett (longer) mix. Thing was very well made, and very convincing. I had to look it up to see if it was in fact real.

16. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I've gotten that deal in US stores a few times.

daveidmarx and jmczaja like this.
  17. Any word if this made its way to the Great White North?

18. no.nine

no.nine (not his real name)

Yes, and I don't believe they even have to put out a reasonable amount of copies to hold their copyright, either. If I'm not mistaken, I think Columbia did the same thing a few years ago with some unreleased Dylan tracks? I seem to remember them releasing them on CDRs, in some ridiculous amount like only 50 or 100. And whatever the actual amount was, it was enough for them to keep the copyrights because they could claim to have released the material. So it's possible there won't be any further releases of these Floyd tracks or anything else that comes up soon for limited sale.

19. sandmountainslim1

sandmountainslim1 Vicar Of Fonz

Is this the first time Hipgnosis name has appeared on ANYTHING since the eighties? Has Aubrey revived it or is it old work?

20. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

While this 7" looks kind of neat, I would never buy it other than at a normal retail price just for the music itself. I'm much more interested in the quote from Andy Jackson. This is a glimmer of hope for unreleased vault material which we have been starved for.

Mr. H, zobalob, vonwegen and 2 others like this.
  21. I just thought I'd mention that The Pink Floyd's first recordings are 50 years old...Incredible.

WPLJ, zobalob and vonwegen like this.
  22. JensC

JensC Forum Resident

All the tracks were considered for the Syd Introduction disc in 2010 (which was a Gilmour project, really). None of them - with the possible exeption of LL - would have made a good fit, to be honest.

It seems strange that the copyright is by Pink Floyd Music Ltd., and not by Pink Floyd (1987) Ltd.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  23. Jon Busey-Hunt

Jon Busey-Hunt Forum Resident

If this was a Beatles project it'd be all over YouTube already!! Gah.

24. sandmountainslim1

sandmountainslim1 Vicar Of Fonz

Not at all strange. It's by the original group and Waters is part of this release and a shareholder in Pink Floyd Music Ltd. The other one is just for their post Waters stuff.

25. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I want to hear this so bad.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.