Bozak B-312

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by adamdube, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamdube

adamdube Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey folks.....pair available local to me. Have heard them, need new covers for sure. I didn't look at the drivers because the seller wasn't sure how to remove the covers.

I am thinking about mating them to my fisher 400......they will end up on a bookshelf at almost perfect listening height.

The room is a little long/narrow.....about 12 x 20 with the 12' side being where they will go....about 7 foot apart in a built in shelf.

I like that they are sealed....with this placement in a book shelf effect the sound?

Too big for the room....some folks say they should breath quite a bit.

28 Watts from this fisher should be plenty....I heard they are 94 - 96 db efficient.

And finally, this is a shop, so retail high pricing applies....$400 he's asking.

Other than getting to see the drivers, how might these sound with the Fisher in this smaller room?

2. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

I'd expect them to sound dated. I'd pass just based on the technology there, but the price also seems obscene considering the style, unless I am missing something extraordinary. I have not heard many Bozak speakers.
    -Bill

3. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

I've got a pair of Bozak B 301's hooked up to a Fisher 400.Definitely worth a listen.Bring your 400 in and try it out.

4. adamdube

Well, I can get a 3 day in home trial....might be worth it.....hard to say really since I don't know what I might be missing with others....

Also looking into some Klipsch Heresy's......hoping to get both home for some listening sessions.

Henry Love likes this.
  5. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

Adam

Go for it. Bozaks have a vintage sound that can be intoxicating if the are in decent shape. Well worth a listen.

6. wpjs

wpjs Forum Resident

My dad had a pair of these many years ago.
    I recall them sounding great for the time.
    Nowadays I might find them a bit dark

7. adamdube

Dark was not what came to my mind at all when testing at the shop.....I thought they were extremely neutral....bass was tight and defined....no slop at all...plenty of highs too. Was actually very surprised at the sound

8. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

adamdube and russk like this.
  9. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Bozak Concert Grands for the win.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. adamdube

Excellent reading....funny, I am also looking at another pair of 302A Urban's.....guy told me Rudy Bozak designed his speakers for solid state and that he preferred them this way.....not real sure what he was thinking.....but again he told me Klipsch KG 5's were also for solid state due to the time frame they were developed. Wasn't solid state well after Rudy's time? Or at least when he designed the original drivers?

Also, looks like just about any cabinet will work for these.....I was thinking of embedding them into a book shelf, problem is it's made of pine......I doubt pine has any good audio qualities being so light. Could one line the inside of a pine box with Dynamat and get good sound?

11. ronm

ronm audiofreak

I never tried my 302a with tubes but they do sound very good with 100 wpc of Yamaha power.In fact Yamaha is what I prefer to power these Bozaks.

12. adamdube

What tubes have you tried?

13. ronm

ronm audiofreak

None.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.