My "Less is More" set up

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by BKphoto, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Audio Enthusiast

Very nicely done. Love the Denon.

timztunz likes this.
  2. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay Thread Starter

thanks I'm happy with the combo...

dirtymac likes this.
  3. Extra Dry

Extra Dry Forum Resident

That is nice. :righton:

4. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

5. JJerm80

JJerm80 Forum Resident

What kind of speaker stands are you using? I've got some vintage Heathkits I want to get off the floor.

6. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident

I miss ADS so much. Sometimes I have dreams where they're back in business and I immediately order a pair of 710's.

7. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Clean, simple. Very nice.

8. BKphoto

they are random hardwood ones off fleabay, used....took them apart coat of spray paint... then glued and screwed them, the legs are angled in so they can take a heavy speaker...

9. JJerm80

JJerm80 Forum Resident

Cool, thanks. Figure I may have to go the DYI route.

10. PiratesFan

PiratesFan Forum Resident

Looks great. Put on a platter, pour a favorite beverage and get one step closer to heaven.

11. BKphoto

ha, i agree...

12. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

I'm totally intrigued by this amp. Tell us more about it please. How/why did you choose it? How long have you had it? Who restored it?

13. BKphoto

I've always liked Marantz gear....Especially the integrated amps...they are the best value when it comes to the Marantz vintage stuff...Still reasonable...I chose this one because it has good power 76 into 8 ohms, 95 into 4 ohms...looks great, and was in immaculate shape, not a mark on it...I know it sounded great because about 4 years ago i had its little brother for awhile the 1122...

but you have to go into this knowing that all this gear needs to be restored...this one was done by someone I met on Audiokarma...

Lebowski likes this.
  14. thxdave

thxdave "One black, one white, one blonde"

Beautiful setup and you have to love those a/d/s speakers. I have a pair of L1230's here that I picked up a month ago and have yet to hear them as my vintage Sony receiver (STR-6065) is out being restored. I'll have to post a shot of this setup when it's finished as it will look very similar to what you have put together. Well done!

15. BKphoto

thanks man, i was a vintage Infinity fan until i first heard an ads speaker...havent looked back since then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.