Placebo to finally reissue their albums remastered on vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vern, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vern

Vern Forum Resident Thread Starter

Maybe not but nobody's actually told me that yet, unlike you.[/QUOTE]

You are annoying, so how about you stop responding to me. In fact, I'm putting you on ignore now.

Byyyeee! ;)

2. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Vern...have you heard any badly mastered records this year or did they all sound fantastic?

3. Vern

Hmm, can't think of any off the top of my head this year, but one of the worst is Bangers vs Fvckers by Coachwhips.

Still a good record though!

4. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

If i were to put Placebo on my system and then put on, say, one of the Neil Young reissues then the difference is night and day. Its actually sounds like comparing a 1k system to a 10k system....whenever i buy a record i 'normally' do my research and find out who cut the vinyl and from what source (if available).

I bought this on a bit of a whim admittedly...

The reality is that there are a lot of badly mastered records out there, as record companies feel they can get away with doing it and still make profit...

5. Vern

I think you make music too scientific to be honest by researching who cut it, etc.

I can never do that. I listen to a lot of underground bands with little recording budget. I come from a place whereby I appreciate, feel and soak up the music rather that have this list of criteria that I have to match against first.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree!

6. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I appreciate what you are saying but... you are on a steve hoffman forum so folk here spend a lot of money on audiophile equipment and researching pressings etc. I sit on both sides. Why not get a cd player if you're happy with cd masters on vinyl? Thats what i dont get...you are only benefiting from bigger artwork, certainly not the sound!

7. Vern

Oh God no, CDs repulse me!

No, I have a lot of records that sound really excellent on my system. A few here and there that doesn't sound great, but I love the albums.

8. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

You are annoying, so how about you stop responding to me. In fact, I'm putting you on ignore now.

Byyyeee! ;)[/QUOTE]

Fine by me Vern. If you go back a page you'll see you actually provoked the arguement in the first place and then proceeded to act like an 8 year old by randomly throwing s h it around the room in the vain hope that something might stick. Stop embarrassing yourself.

richbdd01 likes this.
  9. JustinBond

JustinBond Forum Resident

I really wanted these reissues to sound good. :( Thanks for taking one for the team.

P.S. How am I the only one stateside commenting in this thread? Probably explains why there are only EU pressings.

10. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

No worries! i returned it and made up some excuse about it being noisy....which it was, but not enough to warrant a return if the sound had been up to it, lol!

11. Vern

Black Market Music was released last Friday and I picked up a coloured vinyl version.

Loving finally having this on the wax and it sounds great. What a great album.

Very pleased to now have the first three LPs :)

12. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

Placebo - England's Trance. Aura Records AUL721. Released in 1982.

13. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I wont be buying any more of these after getting burned by without you im nothing....they will likely all be done the same!

14. Vern

Man, the clarity on Black Market Misic is just incredible. What a well done remaster.

jimhb likes this.
  15. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Here we go again... :faint:

16. Vern

Probably my favourite of all the three pressings.

17. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

Don't think it matters what the pressing or mastering is like on any of these albums, original or re-issue.

18. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Are you deliberately being cryptic???? You want to tell us you don't like 90's Placebo???

19. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

Yes, don't like 80s or 90s Placebo.

20. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Which raises the question why you do bother at all. Did Brian steal your girlfriend???? ;);)

21. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

@Vern, I know you've probably got me on 'ignore', and don't take this the wrong way, but I'm started to think you might actually be shilling. Have you got some kind of vested interest in reissues industry? or maybe you're involved in some kind of PR campaign. Apologies if I'm wrong it's just when I read isolated, random comments like this...

Man, the clarity on Black Market Misic is just incredible. What a well done remaster.

...I just can't believe it's come out the mouth of a sincere human being. Or maybe you're just very passionate in a slightly obscure way

The Lew likes this.
  22. Vern

How strange to post irrelevant comments about an unrelated band.

23. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

How did you know I was a lesbian?

24. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

Same name both crap :D

25. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

But if yew like 'em no problem :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.