WAV Conundrum

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Tone_Boss, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Yup, that's apparently true.

It's funny, because it's another legacy of the Amiga - IFF was invented by Electronic Arts if memory serves, for the Amiga.

2. Tone_Boss

Tone_Boss Forum Resident Thread Starter

I tried this however the resulting FLAC files did not have any tag info.

3. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

If you manage to be able to group these together by date/time imported you can simply highlight each batch and look up info. Of course this means doing each album one at a time. In iTunes I can just add a column to the view which shows the date and time imported. Are you sure you can't do this as a last resort solution? Certainly faster than re-importing everything.

4. Tone_Boss

I don't think thats possible with my software and wav files, however i've decided to bite the bullet and re-rip everything in FLAC using dBpoweramp and JRiver based on the suggestions here. It will probably take me over a month but I think it will be worth it going forward.

Synthfreek likes this.
  5. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure there some of the software out there that can convert wav to flac can also be set up to parse the file name "Artist-Album-Song.wav" and write the tags based on that. if not, a music library app like mediamonkey or a tagging app like tagscanner can probably do it, if you convert to flac first and keep the riginal file names (e.g. have it convert them to "Artist-Album-Song.flac")

6. shaboo

shaboo Forum Resident

You don't have to re-rip. With CUETools, for example, you can convert your WAV rips to FLAC, tag them and verify them against the Accurate Rip and CUE Tools databases.

7. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Which would take as much time as just re-ripping using dBpoweramp.

8. Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson Senior Member

dBpoweramp has a batch converter feature.

9. shaboo

shaboo Forum Resident

Obviously reading some WAV rip from HD or SSD is much faster than ripping a physical disc. :rolleyes:

AFAIK, CUETools doesn't have a batch mode for this scenario.

I don't have dBpoweramp, so I can't say anything about its batch converter feature.

10. Tone_Boss

The problem tho is that it doesn't extract the tags from the Creative database. So it will convert to FLAC but they will not have Metadata.

11. Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson Senior Member

OK. I have no experience with Creative stuff.

12. Tone_Boss

Well at the threat of divorce and child neglect I've finally finished my FLAC ripping project using dBpoweramp CD Ripper and JRiver Media Center. Took me much longer than the projected month but happy to finally finish. Very happy with using the combination but I do miss having the use of Gracenote which I believe is superior to the dBpoweramp databases in that it is much more complete and consistent. Now I can finally hunker down and listen to some music instead of ripping. Thanks for all the ideas guys !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.