Barnes & Noble 25% Off Online Cyber Monday Coupon

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DigMyGroove, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident Thread Starter

Use the code 25CMONDAY Cyber Monday only at barnesandnoble.com for 25% off any single item.

lightbulb and Tjazz like this.
  2. frankfan1

frankfan1 Some days I feel like Balok

Thanks for posting. As much as I like B&N, even with coupon, they're still much higher than most.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  3. DigMyGroove

I'm surprised to hear you say that. For box sets they're quite competitive and I've found the prices skin to Amazon and others. I just ordered the Neko Case box and saved $57 with the weekend's 30% coupon, and last month The Faces vinyl box at good savings as well with a 15% coupon.

4. frankfan1

Part of it may be what I was looking at (some music box sets) plus sales tax...almost negates the savings.

My state started charging sales tax on internet sales, taking a lot of fun out of it...

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

We're the highest in the nation, at 9.25% !

6. DigMyGroove

Well we face the same sales tax issue with Amazon now, but at least it's usually easy to get the free shipping. On the whole much of B&N's offerings online are similar to Amazon, while in the brick & mortar stores it's full retail. However with a 30% off coupon I did pick up the Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" LP reissue for just $21.70 yesterday in my local store.

7. DigMyGroove

In Los Angeles, CA We're just shy of 10%!

8. Myke

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=highest sales tax in the us

" California has the highest state-level sales tax rate at 7.5 percent.[2] Five states tie for the second-highest statewide rate at 7 percent: Indiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Tennessee."

9. DigMyGroove

Ours has crept up so high mainly due to voter approved public works and improvements ballot initiatives that do have expiration dates.

Myke likes this.
  10. Myke

I'm with Frank, I grabbed ONE Criterion at 50% off ( Bull Moose sells them nearly that low all year long ! ), then added a 30% off coupon to close the deal.

11. They've been having great sales on specific CDs lately, including most Grateful Dead albums. There are also some nice deals if you search on "original album series".

ARK likes this.
  12. frankfan1

9.75% sales tax here. Adds up fast.

TeacFan and Myke like this.
  13. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Is there such a thing as a temporary tax?

No or small income tax though, correct? Balances out.

14. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Also gotta consider property taxes which are sky high here in Oregon where we have no sales tax. After all, public services that we all need - police, fire depts, roads, schools, etc - cost money and it has to come from somewhere.

My understanding is that high property taxes, as opposed to sales taxes, shifts the burden a bit to the higher tax brackets, which is not necessarily a bad thing. (I say that being a homeowner.)

At some point they will shut us down on this conversation, it is veering away from music

15. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Shouldn't be the case, my comment was was intended to be facetious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.