Sigur Ros ( ) XL Records opinions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anybody got this one? I got the Krunk reissue a week or so ago and it is ok. I have the XL AB (don't remember how to spell the album) and it is extremely clean and quiet, a rarity, in my experience, for Sigur Ros vinyl.

2. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

There were known issues with the recent clear pressing. Email [email protected] to get a replacement copy. I got mine yesterday and it sounds way better than the original clear issue.

3. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

I haven't listened to much of it with the holidays and all-may I ask what issue(s) you had, and thanks.

4. Shank's Pony

Shank's Pony Forum Resident

As far as I understand the 2015 Krunk clear pressing uses the same metalwork/mastering used for the 2015 XL pressing. The Simon Davey mastering. I have the 2015 XL - pressed by Optimal - and my copy is well pressed and quiet.

Discogs entry for the clear Krunk version states that was pressed by Optimal too, but as I don't have a copy I can't confirm if this is because whoever pressed it used the metalwork prepared at Optimal, or it genuinely was Optimal. I'm sure I recall reading somewhere (maybe Vinyl Collective) that the US distributor thought the clear version was pressed at the Vinyl Factory.

5. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Sigur Ros vinyl can get confusing. I have an original pressing of Takk (Mastered by Ray Janos at Sterling) and AB 2009 DMM at Abbey Road. I was never that impressed with Takk, it's likely 16/44 cut to vinyl but I always thought the copy of AB sounded good but it's been a while. I know a lot people complained about DMM but not sure if they just don't like that type of mastering or not. I'd like to try () and Takk on Krunk if they are good.

6. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

im still waiting on the ageatis bjorn box set.

what happened to that?

7. hutchenstance

hutchenstance Well-Known Member

I guess they decided not to do it... I'm surprised the keyboard guy leaving got so little attention....he was not on Von.. he joined and AB came out...its not a little loss I think..
    they are touring big places in the US this summer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.