Books On Fleetwood Mac's History?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bhazen, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhazen

bhazen I Am The Walrus Thread Starter

Hello People ...

As the title seems to ask, are there any fairly comprehensive (and, one would hope, readable) books about the 'Mac? I see there are two by Mick Fleetwood (each with a ghostwriter...)

I am particularly interested in the Peter Green/blues-y period ... for that matter, are there any biographical books on Peter Green available?

Note to the Gort Brigade - if this would fit better in another Forum, feel free to relocate it. My apologies ...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

I am halfway through this. Not sure of historical accuracy....

[​IMG]

bhazen likes this.
  3. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

4. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

5. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Seconded on the Brunning book. He was in the band at the beginning and evidently remained in their inncer circle enough to be able to offer a decent history (albeit one that gets less detailed as time goes on) up to the arrival of Vito and Burnette. There's a lot of first-hand accounts of his time with Peter Green, and a good overview of the bogus Fleetwood Mac farrago from Clifford Davis who almost justifies his actions AND the bogus Jeremy Spencer story.

Sadly, since along with the other ex-FM Bobs (Weston and Welch), Brunning recently passed away so there's no chance of an update.

Aftermath likes this.
  6. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

I have had this for ages and I'd still recommend it though it's OOP, these days.
    [​IMG]

ash1 likes this.
  7. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

I've got the Bob Brunning too, which has the advantage that he was once in the Mac himself. I found it decent enough as a history from the early days to the Buckingham/Nicks/Burnette/DeVito era, but it's a bit anodyne and uncritical, and there is no real critique of their discography. I found it better on the early days, which I guess is unsurprising since it chimes more with his group membership. I guess there may be something better around if you want warts and all. But if you are keener on the the Peter Green Mac era you may find it a good place to start.

8. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

That's probably the best book regarding the early years even though it is about PG rather than the band. Celmins even managed to interview Danny K.
    I remember buying this when it came out. It's a very sad read. A short while later, Peter re-emerged and I saw his 2nd or 3rd gig back at Guildford.
    There is a tremendous book in the works detailing every surviving recording of Peter up to his early 70s guest appearance on the Mac album.
    Currently in search of a publisher but I'll be sure to announce it here when my friend is successful - looks likely to be self published but the excerpts I have seen are superb. Plus it focuses on the music rather than the drama.

JBOO, bhazen, Aftermath and 2 others like this.
  9. bhazen

Thank you all, for the replies and info.

10. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

Sometime back I read Fleetwood's first book, which got attention for some scandalous bits about Nicks and Buckingham but also had some worthwhile discussion of the Peter Green years.

bhazen likes this.
  11. bhazen

I wonder which of his books has more about the Green years?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.