Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Thats what people said about Brodie.

Carrie is an boveracter" in my opinion..

Sometimes she reminds me of

[​IMG]

2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

The Brodie character was anything but critical. He should have been a two season story line at the max.

3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I read an article with the creators where they said that Brody was only to be around for the 1st season but Damien Lewis had such chemistry with Claire Danes that they decided to expand the role.

4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I never really got the chemistry, but I'm probably in the minority on that one.

5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Oh, there was chemistry baby, we're talking C5H5N5, C5H5N5O, C4H5N3O, C5H5N2O2!

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Is Dar Adal the head of the CIA at this point, or is he just in a position above Saul where Allison (Miranda Otto) would take orders from him to spy on Saul? Maybe he's just the Berlin station cheif?

So Allison and the Russian blow up the plane to kill the General and keep Bashir Al-Assad in power in Syria, but want Saul to think Israel is behind it and want Dar Adal to think Saul AND Israel are behind it. Have I got that right?

I'm assuming Allison's relationship with Saul started with the purpose of setting him up, but I guess we don't know that for sure. What is her motive in this though? Is she purely a double agent working for Russia or is ehe taking money from them for this and just doesn't care ideologically?

And how does putting out a hit on Carrie help in any scenario? Whether she's working for the Russians or simply corrupted, the whole plot to keep Assad in power and have the CIA blame Israel seems like it could have been done without worrying one second about Carrie. Trying to take over Saul's hitlist and kill Carrie seems an unnecessary compication, other than that the writers want to keep the focus on Carrie.

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Maybe I missed it, I don't think Dar Adal's "job" has ever fully been revealed. I've always gotten the sense that he's the current or ex black ops head who is some sort of combination of a consiglieri to the powerful and a J. Edgar Hoover with enough secret info to bring the powerful down if they threaten him -- and thus virtually unaccountable with virtually limitless authority if not overplayed.

I think you've got the Dar Adal-Allison-Saul triangle figured out as much as it can be at this point.

I have the same questions about the Russians wanting Carrie killed -- and Quinn silenced as well. There seems to be something in those CIA documents that spooks the Russians, but I'm not sure how that ties back to Carrie. Perhaps, like everyone else, they think Carrie was up to more than she really was? Maybe meeting with Allison looking for info set the wheels in motion.

8. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

At this point I'm thinking Allison's making a powerplay for Saul's job, and that she's a little cray-cray in how she's doing it! Stabbing Saul in the back (her call to Dar Adal) while bangin' him at the same time. Dar Adal's next! As far as her motivation for taking Carrie out I'm thinking about her comments to Saul about Carrie being his 'favorite'. Admittedly, this seems a little melodramatic, almost making her a mustache-twirling bad guy! Homeland has always been really intelligently written so it's more than likely that the writers haven't shown all their cards yet.

Mylene likes this.
  9. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

They'll probably have her on a prayer mat somewhere in the next episode.

10. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I suspect it's about a little more than a power play just for Saul's job...

11. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Allison and Carrie might turn out to be the same character. ISIS messed with Carrie's meds and she became Allison (who kept her job in the CIA) and Carrie (who found a hawt bf and got a job in the private sector).

Stranger things have happened.

12. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Latest episode went nowhere and stretched credibility. I can't understand Allison's motivations. Love??

13. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Like Tyler Durden?

Mylene likes this.
  14. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Well, now we know that Allison is a long time double agent working for the Russians. We could tell from the last episode that she was working with them, but I wasn't sure if they had something over her they were using to compromise her. Saul defecting to Israel is interesting.

15. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The one thing that seems 'off' to me this season is the characterization of Saul. It seems out of character for him to be so totally dismissive of Carrie's thoughts and of her situation. Add to that, his trusting Allison doesn't make sense given his uber-intelligence, especially since she's shown ber back-stabbing capability. Of course, could be that he's playing everyone, including us!;)

16. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

The last couple episodes have been incredible.

johnnypaddock likes this.
  17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yep, some very good eps and the twist in the last one was well played (though clever, can it really stand up to scrutiny?) .

18. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

That Allison is one cool cucumber.

rjp likes this.
  19. rjp

rjp Senior Member

something tells that allison is not long for this world (show)

20. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I agree, overall this has been their strongest season since the first.

21. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I kind of wish Allison's character had a different name. Watching this back to back with The Affair, I get the two Allisons confused reading about them later. :)

mrjinks likes this.
  22. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Poor Quinn is getting put through the ringer this season! The dude's a real energizer bunny though, takes a licking but keeps on ticking! But I'm thinking he's not making it to the finish line. Between his loving Carrie (and her not feeling the same way) and the solitary nature of being an independent assasin, Quinn's become the most tragic character in the series, ever!

Rufus McDufus and ChadHahn like this.
  23. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I've worked in a number of gubbermint agencies. Dar is definitely not the head of the CIA but a political appointee (IMHO and all that), a Deputy Director type, who really answers to no one as long as he doesn't ruffle the feathers of whoever's influence garnered his appointment. I've worked with and known well Deputy Directors of whom Department heads (Secretaries in today's lingo) had absolutely no power over.

24. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Agreed!

25. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

That sounds about right.

Chad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.