What's Your Favourite Prince Album?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GoldenBoy, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiptobesquare

Hiptobesquare Active Member

I've only heard a few, and I stopped at Lovesexy, but I'd have to go for Purple Rain. Around The World In A Day has grown on me over the years as well.

Just tried to vote in the above poll and saw that it actually closed in 2005! Ah well:D

2. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

That would be my top 5 too,

3. DownInAHole

DownInAHole Forum Resident

My avatar answers the question. I didn't become a fan until the summer of 2006 when Chaos and Disorder was released. I can't remember why I bought it but it was the first Prince album that I heard and it will always be my favourite (tied with Emancipation). Both albums fit perfectly onto two 110 minute cassettes and I played them non stop over the next few years.

For me 1993-1996 was his second golden era (after 1983-1986). It just seemed like great music was pouring out of him, hopefully some day much of it will be released!

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  4. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Substitute The Gold Experience for Parade and those are my five.

5. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

Top 5:

Around the World in a Day
    Purple Rain
    Batman
    Diamonds and Pearls
    Planet Earth

My list changes every other day.

6. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The fact that Prince has no votes is completely mind-boggling.

7. JohnnyQuest

It shouldn't be. Many people like to pretend the first two albums don't exist.

8. Monosterio

Prince does have one of all-time favorite tracks of his, "I Wanna Be Your Lover," but I don't think that one was listed in the the "Top 10 Prince songs" thread either, which is even more mind-boggling to me.

I tried making a list for that other thread but couldn't narrow it down to 10, btw.

Rocker likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuest

His first hit record. Not a fan of Disco but Prince did a decent job of it with that song.

10. Monosterio

I never thought of it as disco but I guess it could be. If it is disco, though, that may explain why no one listed it in the other thread. :D

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuest

Bingo! That was when he was making Disco music. He was still finding his musical footing.
    Check out his debut performance of "I Wanna Be Your Lover" on the American Bandstand. He kills it.
    Afterwards Dick Clark and Prince have a short and awkward interview. lol

Monosterio likes this.
  12. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I don't know why... how can an album be so ignored when it contains "I Wanna Be Your Lover", "Bambi", "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad", and "I Feel For You"? (just for starters!)

13. JohnnyQuest

Quite a few standout tracks but it's still a Disco album and for that reason alone it will continue to be criticized harshly and shunned. :sigh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.