help me to hear the censored version of 'star star' by Rolling Stones

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bigmikerocks, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigmikerocks

bigmikerocks Forum Resident Thread Starter

ive owned 2 copies on vinyl of Goats Head Soup that I thought were first or at least early pressings on Rolling Stones records w COC catalog numbers, neither were censored. the cd copy I bought in the early 90s was not censored. Spotify had uncensored, can't find any YouTube clips that are censored. listened to the one copy my record store has (RS COC) it was uncensored.

what gives!?!?
    can anybody post a clip of the censored parts or anyone have a link to YouTube or anything else?

thanks!!

2. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Maybe the censored version has itself become censored now. You don't want to violate the Rolling Stones' free speech rights, after all...

Huck Caton likes this.
  3. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

4. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

I thought the Virgin cd was censored or was it the Universal?

5. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

The first batch of Universal remasters used the censored version.
    I know, it's strange; I can't find the censored version either. I tried a few weeks ago, just to hear it again, but all I found was the South African version, which admittedly is hilarious.

starduster and hidden1one like this.
  6. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I had a strange censored version with my 2009 Universal (which I've since sold due to its compression). The only thing censored was "John Wayne" (which the previously posted video doesn't censor). I've never heard this censored version though. Funny thing is I can still hear it just fine, and it doesn't censor the backing vocals at the end. Lovely.

7. bigmikerocks

bigmikerocks Forum Resident Thread Starter

is that the same way it was released in the states? was it ever censored in the UK?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.