Minority Report-New Series on Fox

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locutus67

Locutus67 Forum Resident

I really wanted to like this show, but it's really getting tough. The two main actors are just not convincing enough & the writing doesn't help. I do like the secondary characters though. This had potential, but ep.5 was horrible & I'm ready to toss it aside at this point. I hate giving up though since it just might turn around. :rolleyes:

I did stick with Dark Matter till the end & thought it dead, but it has been picked up for another season. Hopefully it'll grow some legs & show some promise. That's why I hate to give up on a show.

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

it is an amazing thing that 'sleepy hollow' is still on the air, quite possibly as bad as 'under the dumb".....has the guy changed clothes yet?

Mazzy likes this.
  3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

stunning that it hasn't been cancelled yet......but i'm sure it is just a matter of time.

"limitless" is pretty bad too.

it has become apparent that network TV (abc, nbc, fox, and cbs) have quite a few shows that are just inferior in writing, acting, and production to the pay channel shows (hbo, starz, showtime, and even fx)
    i think that the task of keeping a storyline going for 20+ weeks is just about impossible, especially on the networks, these 10 eek shows are just killers in every aspect mentioned above.

'blindspot' has some promise because there are so many tatoos
    'the player' - once he finds his wife, what is left? any NCIS with only one guy in the field?
    'limitless' - OK, he takes the pill and is super-smart, he doesn't take it and he is a dolt.
    'minority report' - it's just bad, really bad.

event the oldies are getting hung up:

'blacklist' - OK we know she is innocent...enough with the chase already, every week they ALMOST catch her.
    'modern family' - just isn't funny anymore, at all
    'scorpion' - extreme close-ups of katherine mcphee get real old real fast. they even put her in spandex last week to keep it interesting.

the shows that hang on keep things moving, or, their continuing stroyline is buried in the mix and every show has something else going on that is also different every week, i think that is why the NCIS's and the CSI's hung on for so long.

4. stuguy

stuguy Forum Resident

Well it's initial order of 13 episodes was recently reduced to 10 so that will probably be the series finale

5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

:winkgrin:

6. Interesting. I watched one episode of Minority Report and PVR'd the rest and have PVR'd all of Limitless because I had a hunch they wouldn't last and I hate to waste time on shows that don't last. Looks like I can safely delete both of them.

audiomixer likes this.
  7. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

My goal was to not DVR or watch shows that won't stay on the air. It's a waste of my time. That's why I tend to watch pay channels than network broadcast TV. The networks are just whores.

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I guess I'm wired differently. I think Minority Report is getting better as it goes along and is worth my time. Definitely feel if it were given enough time (I know it won't be) it could build into a good show.

9. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think the last two episodes were pretty good. I liked the one that took place on Fiddler's Neck and it was also fun seeing the two brothers with roles reversed right after they were freed.

10. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

11. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Well, I think this show kept getting better and now it is perhaps over. They wrapped it up well. I'm going to miss it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.