Collector's Choice % Off sales*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dirtymac, Oct 11, 2014.

1. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

This site should be renamed "The Steve Hoffman OCD music enablers forums"!

2. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Ugh I tried to avoid/ignore this sale but had to check out a few things and broke down and caved on some of the big Classical Box Sets I've had my eye on for a while.

I was able to get the Big Karajan 1980's http://www.ccmusic.com/herbert-karajan-karajan-1980s/028947934486 (around $125) and the 111 Collectors Edition big box http://www.ccmusic.com/111-the-collectors-edition/028947954484 (around $180). Both were the lowest prices I've ever seen and I confirmed this with both HalfSize.me and camelcamelcamel.

3. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Yeah, resistance is futile for this sale! 2 orders and 300 bucks for me so far, and a month to go.

4. chosenhandle

chosenhandle Forum Resident

Just received an email from CC that my Bowie 5 Years box set shipped yesterday. I really thought they were going to cancel the order given the price I paid and Bowie's current popularity.

NotOneStraw likes this.
  5. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

"Higher than usual" is an understatement! Most 33s I looked at said "list" price was $59.95, "their" price was $48.95, 25% off that is about $37 as you note- a nice price for these rarely discounted titles. But then you add in CC's artificially high shipping charges, and it comes out about the same as ordering direct from MM, at least for the combinations I tried.

Price gouging of this sort is precisely the reason MM decided to restrict sales to just in house. It's one thing to decide to sell something at an inflated price; it's another to try to pass that price off as "list" price, when it is actually 50% higher than list. That kind of dishonest BS puts them into the realm of ripe for a BBB complaint, IMO.

I'm glad some folks are finding good deals at CC. Personally, I think I'll avoid this seller..

6. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

high shipping? i paid 11 dollars shipping for 10 lps...a 200 dollar order.

7. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

Faces vinyl box is now $68.24 with coupon. Adds an extra $4 to the shipping total, but no big deal if you're already placing a large order.

8. stimpdad

stimpdad Member

I have to agree with the comment above. I ordered 5 lps (most are double albums) and my shipping came to $9. I ordered yesterday and will have them on Saturday based on the tracking information that they sent me. That's with the standard shipping option. How is that $$$ for shipping?

I can't speak as to the cost of international shipping maybe that was the issue, but if you're in the USA I would not pass on this sale because one person whined about the shipping cost. You can see what Kevin and I paid and those are very reasonable shipping charges my friends.

Peace, Lou

9. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Well-Known Member

I ordered 27 LPs (12 in the Marley boxed set) and paid $25 in shipping. Made the order Saturday and it's arriving today via UPS. Not sure what the complaint is about!

10. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

$10.95 for 2 lps? $13.95 for 3? Those are the prices that show for me for shipping to the west coast. Looks like either you are closer to them, or they are discouraging smaller orders.

That's high shipping in my book. Way more than actual cost. I just shipped two lps nicely packaged across the US for $3.22 Media Mail.

Not whining, sorry. I know what actual shipping costs for lps are since I actually ship them myself.

The larger issue with them, for me, is the price gouging.

If you are finding the deals to be better on the items you want, more power to you as I stated above. For the items I want, it's the same price to order from the company that produces them, and avoid giving money to a dishonest seller.

You can deal with this if you want, though, your choice obviously.

11. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

I'm in Seattle, and at least on the items I ordered (which included mfsl) their prices were lower than Amazon before the 25% discount.

12. thedon0922

thedon0922 Member

First time poster here. I received the code for the CC site from Notonestraw and have already used it twice and got really solid shipping and even before the 25% off, prices were lower than anywhere else for new vinyl. Maybe being on the east coast changes shipping costs, but the site states it's all about weight, so a big box set is going to cost a lot.

NotOneStraw likes this.
  13. NotOneStraw

what's up homie?

14. thedon0922

thedon0922 Member

a hole in my wallet that's now sitting on my vinyl shelf

15. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

Welcome to your nightmare.

FEB1650 - expires 3/31/16
    The same as last time, orders over $50 get 25% off.

16. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

You're not. I just picked up my mail from my PO box today and it contained the February 2016 catalogue from Collector's Choice Music. There was a red sticker covering the printed 15% off coupon code on the cover. The code on the sticker is for 25% off orders over $50, expires March 31, 2016 and the code is:

FEB1650

I wonder if only random catalog subscribers got this code or if it's on all of them.

I tried the code by placing several items in my cart then entered the code in the appropriate field and it worked. I won't be placing any orders because it's not a good time for me to be spending any money now, but happy shopping to everyone who can make use of it.

Quark1134 likes this.
  17. NotOneStraw

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Beave likes this.
  18. AdamChanSiuLung

Oh wow, I just noticed that you posted this same code 4 minutes before I did, most likely as I was typing. Shows how slow my typing and connection speed is.

Sorry for the duplicate post people!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  19. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

thanks. i just submitted paperwork to payroll so now i have my checik directly deposited to ccmusic.com.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    mrjinks, dirtymac, Mr. H and 2 others like this.
  20. NotOneStraw

you're all enablers

johnnypaddock likes this.
  21. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I just got my catalog in the mail and believe it or not there was a circle on the cover of my catalog saying "Take 15% Off your order of $99 or more! Use Coupon Code FEB15OFF expires 3/15/16"

So weird there's no consistency...Maybe I'm just not a "power buyer".

22. NotOneStraw

btw guys I tinkered with the new FEB code, and FEB1625 also works (25%) without the "spend $50" requirement (ha, like we're not spending more than $50 anyway). Just thought I'd share.

23. AdamChanSiuLung

Yeah, the red sticker was covering that circle.

I'm certainly not a power buyer either, maybe random customers received that offer.

24. NotOneStraw

Bowie 5-years boxed set $173 shipped :oops:

need. willpower.

25. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I understand that this set is OOP.....time to grab and run.

NotOneStraw likes this.