Surround SACD-BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS S/T & THE BEST OF THE GUESS WHO coming 12/30 from Audio Fidelity.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Thanks :)! I'm not a Guess Who fan but I enjoyed the quad mix of the Best of the Guess Who SACD.

Bill

Simon A likes this.
  2. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I think 2015 has been an amazing year for Multichannel releases.

JonUrban, mrcond, shokhead and 3 others like this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

It has been, especially for those of us not dissecting every little nuance, purposely looking for something to complain about. I personally, love being ignorant enough, to open my new disc, put it in the Oppo, sit back and let the music surround me, literally, and just enjoy it. I've still got both the Sly and Fragile releases to look forward to, and it's fun to be excited about those !

4. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Good question, I'm also would like to know before I order one.

5. David P. Hill

David,
    Waiting to go on press in Austria. Hopefully within the next couple of months.
    Marshall Blonstein -
    PresidentAudio Fidelity-Morada Music
    79 E. Daily Dr. #507Camarillo, CA 93010
    Phone: (805) 445-6464Fax: (805) 445-6455[email protected]www.audiofidelity.net-----

Original Message-----From: David Hill [mailto:[email protected]]Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 5:30 PMTo:[email protected]Subject: Form submission from: Contact UsSubmitted on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 17:30 Submitted by anonymous user: [173.57.139.223] Submitted values are:Full Name: David HillEmail Address:[email protected]

Nature of Inquiry: General InquiryQuestions / Comments: Do you know when you might receiving the 2 BS&T Quad 4.0 SACD's.
    You have been out for a while now?Thanks,David Hill

6. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Is it going to be fixed? Or just a repressing of what's already existing?

jdw likes this.
  7. David P. Hill

I believe its just a repressing, which I'm disappointed not fixed. I don't wont a refund, want a good-sounding SACD, ugh!

lukpac likes this.
  8. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

Are you sure they're pressing more defective discs?

9. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident

Look on the bright side! The price will remain right where it is, at thirty bucks.

10. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

11. David P. Hill

Has anyone heard or seen this about their Audio Fidelity BS&T S/T Hybrid SACD, saw this on Acoustic Sounds website?

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...s-Blood_Sweat__Tears-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD
    "Note: The label art on this release contains an error. "Blues - Part II" is included but is missing from the track list."

Wonder if when they repress this masterpiece, when this be corrected on the track list of the slipcase? Its not critical,
    but since we pay for the $30 product, it would be nice to have a corrected disc and slipcase tracklist. Probably they will
    just replace the disc only.

12. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Why on earth would they repress a disc with the same errors? I'm on the fence with the Sly Stone disc, buy and exchange or gamble and wait for corrected discs to come to market?

13. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

Blood, Sweat & Tears is now available as a DSD download from HD Tracks UK. Unfortunately, there is no information as to where this comes from on the listing. Could this be the same as the AF SACD?

14. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Not legally.

15. Wow...just got around to listening to this for the first time. My initial reaction was "boy, things have changed in mixing since the '60s -- you'd never see a major release with off-center vocals like this nowadays." Then I come on here and realize that, well, that's not the way it's supposed to be...

Oh, well. At least I've got a multichannel mix (which I haven't heard yet). :whistle: And I guess you can get the Anesini mastering as a DSD download nowadays. What's another $30, right?

Seriously, it's ridiculous that this was allowed to slip by on a premium release, not to mention having the problems brushed off by the label ("we never received any complaints" even after several people here reported it to them). I'll tell you one thing -- despite Our Host's mastering skills, I'm going to be very reluctant to shell out for another AF product; not when other labels are somehow managing to do reissues right.

:realmad:

tmtomh, tootull, marcb and 2 others like this.
  16. FWIW, the track list on the slipcase is just fine. Ditto the case-back liner. The only problem seems to be the track list on the disc itself. Well, that and the minor problem with the misaligned channels...
    :rolleyes:

17. If it's the same version as on HDtracks here in the U.S., I suspect it comes from the original Columbia SACD (Anesini mastering), which is also available from Acoustic Sounds.

18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

FYI, the CD layer is fine. It's only the SACD stereo layer that is affected.

19. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Has AF acknowledged the issue with the BST S/T SACD layer? Will they be correcting the issue and offering replacement discs?

Bill

20. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Bill, I can't remember where I read it on this forum, but I'm pretty sure that I read that A.F. said that it had no plans to offer replacement discs for the self-titled "B,S &T" SACD.

Bill Mac likes this.
  21. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Thanks :). That's too bad that replacement discs will not be offered.

Bill

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  22. marcb

marcb Senior Member

1) Yes, although I can't recall right offhand if they've made any public pronouncement on it.

2) I don't really know the answer. Initially, they indicated to me that when it was repressed I would get a replacement. But IIRC they've since indicated that this title wouldn't be re-pressed (unlike the Sly Stone title -- with same issue -- which apparently is going to be re-pressed again, but correctly the next time).

To be honest, I've kind of given up focusing on this issue. AF has competely dropped the ball on it. I emailed Gloria several weeks ago inquiring about whether I was actually on the list of people for replacement of the Sly disc because I had not received the intial uncorrected re-press, but received no acknowledgement whatsoever of my email. I appreciate the challenges that AF faces, but as a loyal customer who has nearly every CD, SACD, and LP ever put out by DCC & Audio Fidelity (so that's probably more than 500 discs and LPs - do the math on the $$ spent), the customer service responses and explanations (or lack thereof) I've received on this issue(s) have been more than disappointing -- bordering on insulting.

23. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Marc,

Thanks for your thoughts on this :). Being a long time DCC and AF customer as you are I fully understand why you are so disappointed.

Bill

Simon A likes this.
  24. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

25. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Unfortunate. As I previously indicated, this one wasn't even on my radar, but this thread piqued my interest. But I'll pass as long as there's a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.