Used CD's in Orlando and Jacksonville

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by highway chile, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highway chile

highway chile I know it goes a little deeper than that. Thread Starter

I'll be spending a few days in Orlando with a side trip to Jacksonville this coming week. Any suggestions on where I can mine some CD gold? My online search led me to Rock and Roll Heaven and Park Avenue CD's in Orlando. I see a place in Jax called Yesterday and Today, but on Facebook they're pushing vinyl exclusively.
    Anyone in the know?
    Thanks in advance.

2. steelydanguy

steelydanguy Forum Resident

I lived in South Florida from 2011 to 2014 and would make occasional road trips to Orlando to buy music as the stores in Orlando were better than what I had in my part of the state.

Rock and Roll Heaven and Park Avenue CDs are both quite good, IMO, and they're conveniently located pretty close to each other, about 2-3 miles apart. Rock and Roll Heaven specializes in 1950s-1970s rock/R&B, etc. They have a pretty good selection of CDs and vinyl. Park Avenue CDs has a broader selection of music (older and more modern in a variety of genres) on CDs and vinyl. I'd recommend visiting both stores if you can.

I can't comment on Jacksonville's scene as I've never visited that city. If you were taking a side trip to Tampa/St. Pete, I'd recommend Bananas Music -- both its "regular" store and its vinyl warehouse.

3. highway chile

Sounds like both places are right in my wheelhouse. Thanks for the info, steely!

4. steelydanguy

steelydanguy Forum Resident

No problem. Glad I could be of assistance. It's been a few years since I've visited those Orlando stores, but I have to imagine they're both still going strong.

And as I mentioned, if you are able to get over to St. Petersburg (about 100 miles from Orlando), Bananas is a must-visit. But that's for the vinyl warehouse, and maybe you're not a vinyl fan. If you are, however, the warehouse is one of the most interesting stores I've visited anywhere. Huge selection.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    highway chile likes this.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Seconded.

highway chile likes this.
  6. highway chile

Thanks for your inside info, gentlemen. I'll let you know if I make any major scores!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.